Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Difference between an antlerless deer permit and a deer tag >

Difference between an antlerless deer permit and a deer tag

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Difference between an antlerless deer permit and a deer tag

Old 04-30-2010, 04:24 AM
Spike

Thumbs up Difference between an antlerless deer permit and a deer tag

Many of the hunters are puzzeled regarding an antlerless deer permit and a deer tag, but there is the difference lets have a look bellow..
An antlerless deer permit entitles the holder to take one antlerless deer in the Wildlife Management Zone (WMZ) specified on the permit and is always used with a valid deer tag. The deer tag functions as the temporary record of kill, enabling the hunter to lawfully possess the deer for up to 48 hours prior to bringing it to a deer check station. Deer tags are attached to the hunting or sporting license or are issued with and attached to antlerless deer permits.

For antlerless deer, the permit must always remain in the possession of the hunter while the tag is affixed to the deer. Both the permit and tag are surrendered at the check station when the deer is registered and a metal seal is attached to a hind leg. For antlered deer, only the tag attached to the deer is surrendered at the check station.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

And your point is......
Old 05-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agree with Thnderchiken, I think everybody on here knows this, at least I hope. Plus, what you are saying may be true for your state but most states are not like this. Please don't post information like this here, you are making a statement for your area and not anyone elses. I don't want people who are getting into deer hunting getting confused about things that pertain nothing to them. You make it sound like this is the norm for all states, when most states don't have check stations, metal tags and such.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

in texas it aint like that...you have antler-less tags and buck tags, anything over 7/8" i believe is a buck tag, under 7/8" is antlerless tag..some tags are either or..

lol check station? if you could find a game warden to save your life i'd be surprised lol
Old 05-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

In New York State an anterless tag is good for a doe or a buck with less than 3" of spikes .