Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tracking dog seminar

Old 03-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tracking dog seminar

I thought those up north might be interested in this. Here is a great opportunity to gain a better understanding about trainning a blood tracking dog. Also anyone who is interested in getting a dog to recover wounded game here is a great chance to see a lot of different breeds at work. A good tracking dog can be a great tool for any hunter to have and one that they can share with their friends.

Ken
TRACKFEST 2010
sponsored by
United Blood Trackers
May 15-17, 2010
Marshall, Michigan
The United Blood Trackers is holding a three day Blood Tracking Workshop on May 15-17, 2010 near Marshall, Michigan. This workshop is for both beginner and advanced dogs and handlers as well as anyone else just interested in finding out more about the use of tracking dogs for the recovery of wounded deer and bear. There will be plenty of hands-on training in the field for dogs and handlers as well as presentations on topics such as Training Techniques, Working with Puppies and Adolescents, Equipment Choices, GPS Use, and Working with Hunters. The workshop instructors will be UBT Judges:
John Jeanneney (NY), Larry Gohlke (WI), Andy
Bensing (PA), Cheri Faust (WI), and Al Wade
(AL).
The United Blood Trackers will offer evaluations for UBT-I and UBT-II on Monday. All evaluations will be done on leash. Please check www.unitedbloodtrackers.org for more information about evaluation requirements. If you would like to enter a dog for UBT-I or UBT-II, pre-registration is required.
SCHEDULE
Saturday 5/15/2010
8:00 AM Registration begins
9:00 AM Introductions / Welcome
Morning Programming
Lectures and Field work
1:00 PM Lunch
Afternoon Programming
Lectures and Field work
6:00 PM End of Day
7:00 PM Dinner
Sunday 5/16/2010
8:00 AM Morning Programming
Lectures and Field work
12:00 noon Lunch
Afternoon Programming
Lectures and Field work
6:00 PM End of Day
7:00 PM Dinner
Monday 5/17/2010
8:00 AM UBT-I and UBT-II Evaluations
*This schedule is subject to change as time and
the needs of the participants may dictate.
For information call John Jeanneney
518-872-1779 or e-mail him at
[email protected]

For full details go to
http://www.unitedbloodtrackers.org/i...d=14&Itemid=17
Old 03-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

A friend of mine had a non-registered greyhound female just wander up to his house about 2 years ago. She became his best friend/companion and goes everywhere he goes. When he hunts in a shooting house, she is in there with him, etc. He had a bad shot deer early this year and he walked Sassy out where the deer was and just talked to her. She went down in the woods for 5 or 10 minutes and came back, then turned around and looked back at Wayne. He followed her and found his deer. She has since found 4 deer and 2 hogs for him, no specific training. Doesn't matter if there were 10 or more deer in the plot with the one that was shot, Sassy will pick out the shot deer or hog and and find it.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Excellent org guys and girls. I recommend taking every advantage of this as you can. Not only the seminars, tracking services but also the advice available for lost game.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does this org. conduct similar siminars and "tests" down south? Miss.-Al.-Ga. region ?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Mojotex, yes they have them down south. Last year was in Bama. They have also conducted one in La a few years ago. If things go like they have UBT will be back in the south next year. It has been rotating each year north then south. Just do not know were. I might try to get it here in Ga, just will have to see. We have not had anyone step up and say they will host it. I do have two places that would work so who knows.

Ken