Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How much does the anticipation and pre-hunt excitement play into your hunting season? >

How much does the anticipation and pre-hunt excitement play into your hunting season?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How much does the anticipation and pre-hunt excitement play into your hunting season?

Old 06-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much does the anticipation and pre-hunt excitement play into your hunting season?

It can' t help but have some sort of role. That' s just how hunting goes. Your mind is always working and thinking about it. I do admit that there is a more business-like side to mine the longer I am at it. I am involved in so many other things throughout the year, it helps not to go completely wacky waiting for the season to get here.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:46 PM

Default RE: How much does the anticipation and pre-hunt excitement play into your hunting season?

Oct 1 starts bow season here in okieland, I' ve already been scouting a number of times, been preparing numerous treestand sites and getting excited about this year' s prospects. Don' t ya just luv it?
Old 06-19-2003, 04:29 PM

Antlergetter hit th " horns" on th head..Folks talk about Cabin Fever in th Winter,,well,,mine' s in th Summer because in th Winter I' m still huntin..It' s my biggest passion in Life(well,,there is one other),,it is Life to me...
Old 06-19-2003, 06:53 PM

Yes...I do anticipate hunting season! One thing that I have noticed about myself is that I really anticipate hunting season...I prepare, I set up tree stands, I scout like crazy...and then the day comes...I go out...I hunt. And...it is usually quite slow! I begin to second guess myself...I wonder if there are ANY deer in the woods. I start to jump around from stand to stand...you know how it is. I have to disapline myself to be confident in my setup and tell myself that THE DEER WILL COME! Perhaps it is not this way in other, more deer-populated states...but here in NH, ME and parts of VT, it can get REALLY slow! We have few farms, big woods and deep snow in the winter...which keeps the deer population low. We cannot " glass" for deer because the visibility in the wood is about 50 yards, and there are few fields. BUT...I still really look forward to getting out there again! The woods are beautiful...and it is a great get-away/relaxer. If it was easy...it wouldn' t be any fun! This year will be another great season...buck or no buck!
Old 06-19-2003, 11:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

67 days till opening archery for elk and whitetails and 74 days for opening day for mules, but I haven' t even thought about it yet. It is the rare thing in life you look forward too, it happens and you just can' t wait to do it again. While their are many things to do in between the off season, it still remains my number one passion. I love the prep, scout, planning, adapting and anticipation that goes along with hunting. It is what makes hunting so special in my mind, while some do just shoot a few before heading out and may take a drive just before season opens up, I spend countless hours pouring over notes or journals, formulating plans, scouting and yes " practicing" . I shoot my bow at least every 2 days winter or summer and my firearms once a week. As the summer goes on I change my routine to nightly with the bow and as much as possible with the rifle. We can' t sundays here, so I spend it on the range (bow or gun) and catching up with the family.

As you can see I am not obessed with hunting at all
Old 06-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I think of practically nothing else all year , I live for hunting and prepare for it all year long .
Old 06-20-2003, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bought a new stand, just ordered new Beman ICS camo hunters at half price. tryin' to talk my wife into a new sight, quiver, and rest. Wiating for the state to post results of quotas.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:51 AM

Glad to hear I' m not the only one out there counting the days. I put a thread out in the NE section and it was kinda quiet. 73 days until the DE Bow season!

Its been raining so much here, I' ve been considering building an Ark to hunt out of instead of putting up stands. Seriously though, its rained almost every weekend so I havent been able to repair my deerstand and scout. Hurts the bow practice too. I did spend an hour last weekend making a list of upcoming purchases from the Cabela' s Archery catalog Hopefully it will dry out soon and I can get the scouting started full steam.

The season cant get here quick enough!
Old 06-20-2003, 10:53 AM

Antlergetter, You could not of said it any better, I cant stop thinking about it, I feel like when I was a little kid on christmas eve. I have a hard time sleeping, concentrating at work, My cabalas mag is falling apart from reading it so much, And I cant get away from this hunting site. Your right , People just dont understand, ESPECIALLY MY WIFE! I' m thinking about going to see a doctor to get some valiums
Old 06-20-2003, 12:36 PM

I think about it all the time,,,,i spend alot of time at my place doing repairs,scouting,building blinds and keeping up the feed pens,,,i am Lucky enough to own my own place so all my hard work pay of when season get here,,,the only bad part is having to work in the city and remembering how peaceful it is in the country

Quick Reply: How much does the anticipation and pre-hunt excitement play into your hunting season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.