Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your hunting season

Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Spike

Default Your hunting season

Hope everyone had a good hunting season. Mine was great. I got a OLD 5 point that dressed out at 150+Lb. and a NICE 9 point that was about 135+Lb. Ken
Old 02-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

My first few days of ML season was disaster. Had a problem trying to ignite my loads in two different guns. The weather was very wet and this may have contributed to my problem.

However once I got going I ended up filling five of my six tags. I got a nice eight point and five point that both dressed out to about 130lbs. I also got one nice large doe that dressed out to 95 lbs. The last doe was about 75 lbs. dressed. I ended up with three for the freezer and gave two away to a friend. I have to say that I saw more deer this year on a new hunt club property then ever before. Have a look:

Old 02-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Went to Wyoming and came home with a little forky...bad winter kill. Then nothing here in California, had some chances on little guys but wanted to let them grow another few years...all in all not very good.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Spike

I had a stellar year. I killed a 150 inch 9 point that dressed 209 lbs and a 22 inch wide 8 point that went 176 lbs dressed. Then in the late season I killed and 8 point that just missed P&Y with my bow.

Here is my 8 point with my bow.

150 inch 9 point 209 dressed

22 inch inside spread 8 point, 176 dressed

I also killed a bunch of doe's and a spike sika stag.. It was a great year.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Spike

I had a pretty decent year. I killed 8 with the ML and 1 with the rifle. This was my first year hunting with the ML and boy I am glad I gave it a go cuz my rifle season sucked big time.

Nice bucks, bambeklr! Where did you get your stag? I am assuming either Dorchester Co., MD or Chincoteague?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season went fine. Took plenty for my freezer plus some for family and friends. I killed a weird racked buck. I intended to take a photo in the field but is was just pouring cats and dogs at the time. When I get the plaque mount back, I photo it and put it here. I've named it the "Coming and Going" buck. It seems to have been an older buck .... probably 4 1/2-5. One side faces backwards ..... it is 180 deg. reverse of what is normal! Fun part for me was that I "guided" one of my best buddies to a fine 10 pointer. I had seen great looking buck sign in that general area and was so happy when he bagged it ... with one of my muzzle loaders at that!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

I guess I cannot complain, I did not get any bucks but I did get 2 does and one of them was the biggest female I have ever shot. I did not weigh her but she would have field dressed out at it least 150lb. One of the biggest deer I have ever shot.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chipchippy
Hope everyone had a good hunting season. Mine was great. I got a OLD 5 point that dressed out at 150+Lb. and a NICE 9 point that was about 135+Lb. Ken
Congrats.

What State do you hunt? Just curious to see what this "old 5 point" looks like? Have any photos?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Spike

marshy hope, I killed the spike sika stag in virginia on the island. He was 65 lbs and the spikes were 8 inches.

We didnt do to bad down there.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty good..
Killed 6 total between bow and gun (4 bow 2 gun).
Spike, 4 point, large 8 point, 3 doe....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.