Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Info wanted to price land to lease out >

Info wanted to price land to lease out

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Info wanted to price land to lease out

Old 02-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Spike

Default Info wanted to price land to lease out

I am looking for advice on a price to come up with to lease out my land for whitetail hunting. DEER management area, partial woods, partial fields, good deer movement,65 acres bordered by roads. Parcel has a great reputation and history of good deer hunting. Any thoughts from any of you would be great. South Central Wisconsin. Not CWD area. I am trying to come up with a price, either combined bow and gun season, or one or the other. Thanks.

Last edited by blugil123; 02-25-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Remove signature
Old 02-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

To add my .02 cent$, I'd try and find some people who are leasing land in your area and ask them. You may also try the DNR and see if any of them have an idea, etc.

If after getting help and are still in the dark, place an ad in the appropriate place/paper, etc, and solicit offers.

Good luck,

iSnipe
Old 02-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

You should get $25 an acre for all seasons,you are very close to high people populations so it will get high dollar.
redclub
Old 02-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

i was gonna say that as well... 25 an acre so 1625 for all of one season (deer turkey etc) seems pretty reasonable seeing as you have foodplots and stuff. (just assuming that your season is just as long as ohio's (early oct to early febuary)
Old 02-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Spike

Thank You Storm Dog and Redclub. I like the way you think.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Please tell me that none of your neighbors have a treestand on their property anywhere near the fenceline............

THAT can make or break the property.

Last edited by uncle matt; 02-22-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have never leased land (one way or the other) but just a word of caution, get a contract!!!, (and a good one!!) protect yourself and your property. THEY are out there, (and you know who I mean by THEY). Doc
Old 02-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Spike

My parcel is bordered by roads on 3 sides, and the forth side is owned by a guy that doesnt hunt. There IS an OLD stand near the line but it hasnt been used in years. Im not worried about the possible conflicts you have in mind. As a private land owner for many years, I have seen first hand how all the "bad blood" can develop over hunting. And to DocD... You are right about a contract. Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

A written very detailed contract. Keep in mind that when the deal is made, it is essentially their land (as it pertains to hunting) for the period in question. You cant come in later and cry foul just because they are engaged in legal activity that you suddenly decide that you dont want them to do. Also, best to keep in mind the potential costs to yourself and others. If the people who lease it decide that they want to try to manage it for large numbers of deer but only want to take a few bucks, then there is the dangr of ending up with an overpopulation of does and young bucks whose damage of crops, etc. in the area may end up costing more than what you make on the lease.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

Things to think about for your written contract include:

-construction of permanent stands or other permanent structures

-use of vehicles on the property

-alcohol consumption on the property

-cutting of trees, or construction of food plots on the property

-ground fires on the property

-camping on the property

-comission of any crime on the property is grounds for immediate unilateral termination of hunting priviledges, without refund

-comission of any act endangering the life of another, including reckless use of firearms, is grounds for immediate unilateral termination of hunting priviledges, without refund. Defer to NRA guidelines for safe use of firearms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.