Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

vanilla extract attractent

Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Deer are like goats. Curious critters. As long as they don't feel threatened, they will do a lot of weird things. Had an Uncle who had already filled his tag. Was walking thru the woods trying to scare up a deer for his Son. He wasn't carrying a gun. Walked up on a buck in his bed. Talked to it. It just laid there. Finally he gave it a kick and it took of like a scalded dog! You just never know about deer. I've had them come up to me within 15 feet while I was sitting against a tree squirrel hunting.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Spike

I have been using vanilla for twenty years, I have put on the side of trees and on weeds,deer have come in and start eating the weeds, great stuff.Imitation vanilla 10oz $1.00 not at WALL MART.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

I would guess that does and yearlings would love vanilla scent. But if your looking for big bucks, i don't think you will find them at the vanilla.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by treboryerf
Years ago there was a cover scent on the market called coverup,and it smelled like vanilla,I never tried it but knew people that swore by it.
I used it and it worked great. It's been so many years since i've used it, I completely forgot about it. I'll have to see if I can find any around.