Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line >

Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line

Old 01-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

I am sure you would have no problem shooting a deer on your property that you watched wander over from his. No need to be a jerk over it if he isnt being one. It is his property until over the thin line that becomes yours.
My neighbor and I both have stands literally overlooking each others properties. We both post and respect each others property, but also know there is no problem wandering if no one is hunting next door. A good neighbor is way more important to maintain than a bad relationship. I would simply keep an eye open during hunting season- do a still hunt past the spot when you know he is there, give a wave, wander over and shoot the bull. After you wander by on several days and give a polite wave from a distance, he will understand that you are around. Deer wander where they want. We dont own them, we just want to. Dont sweat it if he shoots deer near your border. You would do the same.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Singleshot.. If I were your neighbor and you asked me politely to move all of my stands at least 75 yards from from your line, I would politely tell you to go **** in your hat...

And yes, I am a landowner...

If you have an attitude like that, expect the neighbors to respond in kind... Better hope that big buck you shoot next year doesn't make it a jump or two across the property line, or you won't be able to recover him.... What goes around, comes around...

Last edited by Pygmy; 01-29-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by singleshot1
I need some opinions here. My buddy and I were walking the property line (fence) of our 300 acre lease in Southern TN yesterday. We got into the lease a week before the season, so we didn't have much time to walk the entire fence line until the season closed (2 weeks ago).

During our walk, in the middle of the woods, we came upon a fairly new ladder stand on the property of our neighbor to the east. The stand is about 10 feet from the fence and facing directly on to our property. The area where we found it is just above an area where we also found about 20 good rubs on our side. We have trail cam pics of several nice bucks in the area as well.

I realize that 'legally' he is doing nothing wrong. The stand is on his property, but dang it, it just made me furious to see it facing our land. What would you guys do?

I'm thinking that the first step would be to try to ask him nicely to move any stands at least 75 yards away from the line. If that doesn't work, then I'm open to suggestions.
wow...really?
even if you ask nicely it wont work.

My only suggestion is just get over it, you have 300 acres
Old 01-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by singleshot1
I need some opinions here. My buddy and I were walking the property line (fence) of our 300 acre lease in Southern TN yesterday. We got into the lease a week before the season, so we didn't have much time to walk the entire fence line until the season closed (2 weeks ago).

During our walk, in the middle of the woods, we came upon a fairly new ladder stand on the property of our neighbor to the east. The stand is about 10 feet from the fence and facing directly on to our property. The area where we found it is just above an area where we also found about 20 good rubs on our side. We have trail cam pics of several nice bucks in the area as well.

I realize that 'legally' he is doing nothing wrong. I'm open to suggestions.

Forget about. Not worth the aggravation.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Singleshot.. If I were your neighbor and you asked me politely to move all of my stands at least 75 yards from from your line, I would politely tell you to go **** in your hat...

And yes, I am a landowner... You are way out of line, Sonny Boy...

If you have an attitude like that, expect the neighbors to respond in kind... Better hope that big buck you shoot next year doesn't make it a jump or two across the property line, or you won't be able to recover him.... What goes around, comes around...
One would have to be very arrogant to tell someone where they can have their stands on their own property. I know I wouldn't take to kindly someone who just moved in to an area aside me and tried to tell me where I can sit on my property.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the suggestions to try and get along with your Neighbor,if He or even She (wouldn't that be a change of attitude towards the situation) hasn't crossed over the property line You have no reason to start a confrontation that could end in a sour note and You may end up needing that Neighbors help one day so its no use starting trouble that may not happen any ways.I have Hunted close to our Neighbors property line because of the fact that my stand was set up years ago when no one had ever been hunting there years ago and my Neighbor also has a stand set up on the back side of our property where we seldom hunt so its a give and take situation.We also keep an eye on each others property in case others trespass there.When I hunt on our Lease Property I try to stay away from the Neighbors fence/property line so there is no confrontation and I do it out of respect too!
Old 01-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Spike

I know this is a first of my posts, but I have to agree here. I am a new landowner as of last year to 40 acres. The guys around me have been very nice all year. One has a stand about 20 yards from the fence. His was there first.

This year I shot a nice buck and he helped me retreive it and gut it. Get to know your neighbors on a good note. 10' ....forget about it.

Also, when you ask a question on a forum, check back for feedback.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a landowner...approximately 400 acres. I've been dealing with lease situations for a while, also. I've found out one amazing fact....People that lease land basically want to have 500 Nat'l Guard members patrolling the land 24hrs/day with weapons to make sure that nobody sets a single toe-nail on their land.

The funny thing is that landowners are never as anal...and they're the ones that ponied up the cash to buy the land outright.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Spike

Im a landowner with stands on fence lines along with my neighbor,i put mine up then he put his up.when he or i hunt the spot we leave each other alone!actually when he is there i have another stand 100yds in on the same trail to cut him off,but dont tell him that!!!lol
Old 01-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

put private property sign on a tree right in front of his stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.