Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Crazy stories

Old 01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Spike

Default Crazy stories

After bow hunting one day I was heading back out to my truck in the dark when I kept hearing something behind me. When I finally turned around with my headlight I could see 4 pairs of eyes glowing about 25 yards behind. After staring for couple minutes I realized that I was being followed by coyotes. Not having a gun to scare them off with all I could do was have my knife out and keep walking back to my truck. I tried yelling at them a few times but they followed me 3/4 of a mile back out to my truck. Luckily In the end I had no problem but it could have been much worse. A little nerve racking and fun at the same time.

What are some things you guys have had happen or have seen while hunting?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

25 yds would have been an easy shot with the bow ?????
Old 01-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by heinz57
I agree even in pitch black with a head light I probably could have made a shot but one shot is all I would of had with a bow. Not knowing how they would of reacted I figured I take my chances just keeping some distance between us and make my way to my truck which worked out fine for me.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by heinz57
I agree even in pitch black with a head light I probably could have made a shot but one shot is all I would of had with a bow. Not knowing how they would of reacted I figured I take my chances just keeping some distance between us and make my way to my truck which worked out fine for me.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

thats pretty crazy.. I didnt know coyotes acted like that
Old 01-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Weird, they are usually reclusive. But that is Usually. Any animal when hungry or some other hidden reason will lose its fear.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Red face Cows!!!!!!!!! Moooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cows. Right under the stand. Duchesses, there were about 5 of them opening day of bowseason. Got to about 60 yards of them in the pitch black, and they stampeded into a creek bottom. Knew they were cows because they had been out around and when i got down (after missing a 5 pointer) there were tracks/patties everywhere. One of the scariest/funniest moments ever. Haven't exacly had the best feelings about cows since!!!!!!
BigBuck95
Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

I was walking in w/ my buddy bowhunting call it nerves whatever he always has to go b4 he gets on stand. So he makes his way off the trail a ways to due his business. when I see this flashlight pointing out of the tree guy yelling what the hell are you doing (expletive expletive ) He was doing his business w/in 15 yds of this guy in a tree stand that he never saw, it was early and still very dark. My buddy is a pretty quick witted guy w.out a moments hesitation he says can ya kill the light i need a little privacy down here!! I was rolling on the ground The guy wasn't supposed to be on the land anyways and I guess we really didn't bring out the welcome wagon for him
Old 01-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
Cows. Right under the stand. Duchesses, there were about 5 of them opening day of bowseason. Got to about 60 yards of them in the pitch black, and they stampeded into a creek bottom. Knew they were cows because they had been out around and when i got down (after missing a 5 pointer) there were tracks/patties everywhere. One of the scariest/funniest moments ever. Haven't exacly had the best feelings about cows since!!!!!!
BigBuck95
haha that's a good one the same thing actually happened to me. I was hunting the pines behind my house. I knew there was a cow farm But I did not realize the guy let the cows into the pines from his pastures about 800 yards away. All i heard in the distance was thunder then I saw about 150 cows running towards me. I was able to get between a couple of tree and let them just pass by.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I had yotes that close and wanting to trail my butt the first thing my headlamp would be trying to fing would be a nice size stick suitable for swingin', clubbin', stickin' and stabbin'. Though not necessarily in that order.

But I have to tell ya I wouldn't hesitate to pop one with a hand club. I punched a dog one time that came after me and busted him real good right in the nose and upper front jaw - straight on. It was obvious it was something he had never experienced or expected before the way he left faster than he came.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.