Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tower stand seats????

Old 01-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Spike

Default Tower stand seats????

Hey what is everyone using for seats in their tower stands?
Old 01-07-2010, 06:27 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Don;t know why it got moved and may well be as written from others.

but here

This is your original question

Originally Posted by WaccamawHunter
So I ordered the set of 4 - 4X4 elevators from Shadow Hunter LLC today. Now I'm wondering what type of seating to put in my soon to be constructed tower blind. I've thought about boat seating or just putting some fold-up chairs in there.

Any ideas?

and I do have an an idea.
I use a folding chair but I am in a ground blind.
I got them from a NWTF banquet. They have a thick cushion a good cross bar so they don't sink in mud and the back is adjustable.

But you are in a tower. The chair you decide on should be quiet and not creak or make nosie while adjusting your wt in your chair. If you are older like me back support is a must. Makes those long sits bearable. And don;t forget about naps!
If you want 360 then I suggest some type of swivel as in an office chair with a high back as they are not very expensive and in a covered area whould last quite a while.
Taht chair also has the ability to raise and lower as it is on a power pedastel and that would be a plus adjusting ht.

I would not use any type of folding metal chair. Too cold - to noisey - lousy sit over long periods of time.

Just some input

JW
Old 01-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Carpet the inside and get an office chair. You can get some pretty nice ones on line at great prices. An office chair can roll around inside the blind quietly on carpet, adjust for height if different people will use the blind, swivel quietly for shots from different places, they usually have reclining capabilities for when the action is slow, and have good back support.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

yeah ive had the same office chair in my tower for 2 seasons. it has held up against the elements and does not squeak.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Carpet and an office chair.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Spike

Thanks for the replies. For some reason I hadn't even considered on office chair. I had already planned on carpeting it though. I will definitely look into this.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Spike

an old millk crate, and I just lean against a wall
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

I grabbed a nice old leather office chair a neighbor threw out. Its got holes in it and a bad spring in the bottom. As long as I'm careful, its quiet (but if I lean too far forward that spring goes 'BOING!'. Its super comfy. This is in a ground blind.

The tower I'm looking at for next season has built in chairs but if you already have something.....Alot depends on the style of blind. Are you in an elevated shoot house with small openings? Are you up in an 'observation' type stand where you'd benefit from something that allowed you to move more freely?

Old office chairs are great but can be noisy. Carpet works wonders, though.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

We use old office chairs, boat seats, and sometimes folding chairs. It really depends on the size and type of enclosure.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's going to be very dependent on the blind you choose. Even with a varible height office chair, it may be to low for the average height of most shooting windows.

In one of our shooting houses we use Office chairs, but in another we use padded, high backed bar stools that work very well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.