Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Post-Season Depression

Old 01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Post-Season Depression

I actually don't know what to do with myself now. It's only been 3 days since the end of the season and its killing me. Small game hunting and predator hunting just arent satisfying enough. Nothing can beat being in a deer stand. Anybody know any cures for this kind of depression? I'm dying here.

I was actually thinking of just going to my stand and taking my camera, so I can "shoot" some deer.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Dream, and plan for turkey season.
Thats helping me.
I can hardly waite till turkey season opens here.

Good Luck.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shed hunt, scout, scout some more, try finding new places to hunt, weekly trips to Cabelas to slobber all over everything and end it with some skee ball at Chuckie Cheeses.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1shotkill1993
I actually don't know what to do with myself now. It's only been 3 days since the end of the season and its killing me. Small game hunting and predator hunting just arent satisfying enough. Nothing can beat being in a deer stand. Anybody know any cures for this kind of depression? I'm dying here.

I was actually thinking of just going to my stand and taking my camera, so I can "shoot" some deer.

thats what i was going to tell you
Old 01-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1shotkill1993
I actually don't know what to do with myself now.
Well, hmm?

I once sent you a PM joking with you about being a spleen splitter, saying the spleen is located near the guts, etc, etc,...

and your reply was for me to "...stick your thumb up your *** a little deeper and maybe you'll make more sense" was an unusual line to say to someone.

May I suggest for you to pick up some gigs as a stand up comic? LOL!

iSnipe
Old 01-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

well there's spring turkey...

application season is quickly approaching for fall big game tags etc...which is always a busy time for me....least every month a state or two is due...
Old 01-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Site Buck Guru

Start scouting for next year.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Well, hmm?

I once sent you a PM joking with you about being a spleen splitter, saying the spleen is located near the guts, etc, etc,...

and your reply was for me to "...stick your thumb up your *** a little deeper and maybe you'll make more sense" was an unusual line to say to someone.

May I suggest for you to pick up some gigs as a stand up comic? LOL!

iSnipe

Now we're even? I'm sorry, I think I was probably just in a bad mood that day .... Here, a friendly hug
Old 01-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Camera hunt? I can have alot of fun snapping picks of deer too...you can even whisper 'BANG' under your breath if it helps!

I personally have alot of work to do on my ranch including cleaning up some brush piles, moving/setting up stands, setting up trail cams, scouting, shed hunting (soon!) and gerneral, all around hiking/exploring.

Then there's breaking down firearms to clean, target shooting, getting a bow and practicing with it.

I need to do some odd jobs around the house but out at the ranch, there's a rundown old 'hunting lodge' that is structurally sound and would be awesome to fix up. No one really has messed with it because, well for instance, the front gate is 8 miles from my house, so its not really necassary. Still....it would be nice to have.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Learning,Thinking & Preparing

I'm new to Deer hunting so I am reading up on this amazing animal and listening to those who have hunted and studied them most of thier lives. I to miss gearing up with high hopes for the days hunt and being on stand soaking up the sunrise,sunsets and all the sensory stimulation that comes with being in the field. I plan on walking the areas I've hunted and picking out new spots I have seen better sign in. I really enjoy hunting from the ground in natural blinds which I hope to improve for next year with better camo. The Archery range at my Bass Pro Shop will be a place I freqent to get better with my Bow as well. Don't vegetate inside get out in the woods and dream of the hunt coming later this year. I'm really looking forward to Turkey season in April and May because I have heard they are a challenge to bag. Get Ready and keep sharp Bro because it will get here soon enough. Good Huting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.