Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First Deer Of 2010

Old 01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default First Deer Of 2010

Dude in front of me this morning wacked a big doe and just kept on going.
I stopped to make sure she was gone and decided to keep her.
Head trauma no body damage a call to the MNR and Bobs your uncle.
Such a waste to leave her!
Treebeard

Last edited by Treebeard; 01-04-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

MMMMMMM roadkill
Old 01-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Treebeard
Dude in front of me this morning wacked a big doe and just kept on going.
I stopped to make sure she was done and decided to keep her.
Head trauma no body damage a call to the MNR and Bobs your uncle.
Such a waste to leave her!
Treebeard
That's ironic as hell! On my way home from hunting this evening I saw 2 cars pulled off the side of the road. Laying there was a dead doe that one of them had JUST hit! I hate seeing that.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate it when people just drive off after hitting a large animal. Good deal on the meat, man.

early in, I hate seeing that too. My wife asked me the other day why it bothers me so much (given that I'll shoot 'em). I really couldn't answer, it just DOES (ha ha, that's "does" as in "I do, he does," LOL).
Old 01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
I hate it when people just drive off after hitting a large animal. Good deal on the meat, man.

early in, I hate seeing that too. My wife asked me the other day why it bothers me so much (given that I'll shoot 'em). I really couldn't answer, it just DOES (ha ha, that's "does" as in "I do, he does," LOL).
NATO, the reason it hurts me to see that, considering how I love killing them, is because every survival instinct they have is of no help to them once they're on a road/highway. They are basically defenseless, and stand little chance.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

I am really glad she wasn't busted up as it would have been a real waste
Even if I wasn't a hunter I pretty sure I would have stopped!
Ya got to butcher them yourself in these parts as no butcher would dare take a road kill as the Food Inspection Dudes would shut them down if they found out.
The other **** off is you cant even give it to the food shelter even if you shot or arrowed it
That one really gets me!!!!!
I know some one that has fallen on rough times so I think they are getting some venison they could use it!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
NATO, the reason it hurts me to see that, considering how I love killing them, is because every survival instinct they have is of no help to them once they're on a road/highway. They are basically defenseless, and stand little chance.
Good thoughts
Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Treebeard
The other **** off is you cant even give it to the food shelter even if you shot or arrowed it
That one really gets me!!!!!
I know some one that has fallen on rough times so I think they are getting some venison they could use it!
I have never ran into that problem in Iowa, but another alternative is to go to a local church and talk to the pastor and just ask if they know of anyone who has the need for it... They are always very happy and responsive, never had a deer go to waste yet!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Roadkill is always the best.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IOWABUCKHUNTR
I have never ran into that problem in Iowa, but another alternative is to go to a local church and talk to the pastor and just ask if they know of anyone who has the need for it... They are always very happy and responsive, never had a deer go to waste yet!
Good idea. Our Church operates a food pantry, so I'm sure they'd be interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.