Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
WTH? They only took the memory card? >

WTH? They only took the memory card?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WTH? They only took the memory card?

Old 12-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default WTH? They only took the memory card?

I have a game cam over here on a property we hunt. When a buddy went to check it a couple days after Christmas he saw tire tracks in the snow leading up the steep driveway. He was suprised because he didn't think my truck could get up there. From the tire tracks footprints went out in the snow eventually to the camera. (He was going to check the camera)

He figures it was indeed my tracks. He sees there are 28 pics on the camera and opens it to read the card. BUT THE CARD IS GONE! The camera was still there and in the on position. We never leave it on when we pull the card. He knows it wasn't me because I would either swap the card or download it right there.

He calls and asks me if I drove up the hill and I tell him no. So he takes a good look at the tire tracks and sees they are pretty large off-road type tires ("mudders"). The same kind of tires that were on a truck with 2 guys in it that he ran out of there in mid November. These guys were asking questions about how the hunting was there and the deer.....

My feeling is that it was these guys or one of them and they were going to check the card and return it.

But one thing I can tell you for sure is this has gotten me pretty riled up. I want to run into these guys myself personally cause not only do I have some questions but I have a few things I wish to express.

I had been suspecting that others had been coming around and knew once we had snow on the ground there would be telltale sign.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

The nice criminals. Well atleast you have the camera and can get a new card for it. Best of luck with the game cam.
BigBuck95
Old 12-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

the last time that happened to me....I followed tire tracks and footprints...camera and security box gone...tree stand and climbing sticks gone...security cables on everything cut.
Glad to hear they left your camera but if it were me I would either pull it or put up another one in a tree watching that one!!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe they thought it snapped a photo of them so they were removing the evidence without actually stealing the camera?

It'll do you no good to express yourself to them. People like that don't care. I was on another site where a guy was having problems with trespassers, so he got one of the Moultrie's that you can subscribe to a service that sends the pics directly to your cell phone when they are taken. One day he got a pic and sure enough, it showed the neighbors crossing the property line. He called the sheriff and they caught them ON the property, and with photo evidence were able to nail them on a fistful of violations.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

This happened to me too. I am guessing the perpetrator got busted trespassing and confiscated the card to conceal the evidence. I suspect you will not get the card back. At least the f'ker left my camera.

Does your camera have internal memory? Since it was left on and in place, it may have captured a picture of the person.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, at least now you know that's not a good/safe place to hang your cam without actually getting it stolen like most people.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

at least it wasnt stolen. Could have been a good thing in a way if its full of doe and small buck pics?

I would still be mad!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rogerstv
This happened to me too. I am guessing the perpetrator got busted trespassing and confiscated the card to conceal the evidence. I suspect you will not get the card back. At least the f'ker left my camera.

Does your camera have internal memory? Since it was left on and in place, it may have captured a picture of the person.
Ya know IDK if it has internal memory but I'm going to check!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I checked on Bass Pro's site (that is where the camera came from) and in the buyers comments it was said that the camera recorded 11 images w/o an SD card for one buyer.

So I guess I will have to hope that it caught an image sequence as whoever took the card walked away. I also have to figure out what cable to tie it into a computer of camera to view what is stored internally.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by spaniel
Maybe they thought it snapped a photo of them so they were removing the evidence without actually stealing the camera?
Exactly my thought. Actually my first thought was that the deer are REALLY getting smart!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.