Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

"Arrow head" ????

Old 12-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like someone took a forward chest shot, which we all know is a NO, NO, but I just saw how Komoto Dragons hunt deer so it could be worse!
Old 12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Who the heck said that's someone's sentiment here Huckleberry?

I don't see anyone who's said that thus far. Care to iterate the obvious again?

It's for the people who think it's funny. That must be you since you are replying directly to me, correct? Believe it or not champ, there are some weirdos out there who do think it's funny. My post was for those few.

Since you felt it necessary to directly reply to me, I'm replying back and seems to me you took offense because maybe you thought it funny enough to post, eh?

Make sure you understand what's being said before you reply. Measure twice, cut once.

iSnipe
Dont know why you feel the need to call others names, but judging from your usually immaturity, im not surprised.

You can act coy if you want, but WTH do you feel you need say somthing isnt funny, unless you felt someone thought it was???
Just say whether you think its real or not and move on sniper, no need for the drama or finger pointing.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's for the people who think it's funny. That must be you since you are replying directly to me, correct? Believe it or not champ, there are some weirdos out there who do think it's funny. My post was for those few.

Since you felt it necessary to directly reply to me, I'm replying back and seems to me you took offense because maybe you thought it funny enough to post, eh?

Make sure you understand what's being said before you reply. Measure twice, cut once.

iSnipe
Why are you always so touchy? You are drawing an awful lot of unfounded conclusions about DeerandbearHog's motivation and state of mind. Pretty odd considering that you'll jump down the throat of anyone who does what you just did. So you were directing your comments at those folks you assume will find this picture funny, a group of individuals that haven't commented on this thread and for which there is no evidence yet suggesting that they even exist (other than your own assumption that they do). But just in case they are lurking about, I'm really glad you made it clear how despicable they are. Talk about stating the obvious.

As for the picture, this is a prime example of why head shots aren't a great idea.

Mike
Old 12-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

driftrider, -- Now that's just absurd, laughable even. I'm not drawing any conclusions about Huck's motivation like you're stating. That's false. And yes, I am directing my comments at the stupids out there that do think this is funny. If you think those people don't exist, that is your problem and not mine. This isn't an assumption. It's a FACT.

Essentially by your reply, you are saying that there are NO people out there that think these photos are funny. That's a realistic assumption one would come to by reading your comments.

Go to YouTube. You'll find several "unethical" shots there captured on video and the comments there will make one sick... at least me anyway, because you feel they don't exist apparently. Many of these inhumane and unethical video shots don't last long, as I've seen several come and go. They get flagged readily.

Of course you forgot the post a few weeks back about the guy hitting deer on purpose with his special rigged pickup... then selling DVD's. Well, I'm reminding you of that NOW. I suppose you didn't see other forums where some people were saying it was funny, right? Please. This is no different.

Then what's really funny!??? You go and criticize me for giving my opinion to take the head shot is ridiculous... telling me I'm stating the obvious...

...yet YOU then say "As for the picture, this is a prime example of why head shots aren't a great idea."

That's you essentially saying the SAME thing. LOL!

I don't need any more evidence I do now that there are people out there who actually take shots like this on purpose... and also think it's funny.

Why you addressing me anyway? I wasn't talking to you. It was Huckleberry's misfortune to not be able to comprehend what I was saying originally and misunderstood what I originally said. Had Huck read my reply more thoroughly or at least understood it, he then would have known there was no need for a reply to it anyway! It's not my fault if people lack comprehension skills to carry on a conversation. (and Huck, if you weren't your usual can't-understand-what-was-just-said-self, you wouldn't have commented at all on my reply!) Call it "touchy" driftrider, I can live with that! Had people more comprehensive skills, or just took the time to read more carefully and knew how to get their meaning across and the ability to comprehend what was said, there wouldn't be any need for me to come and correct the bs to begin with. It's akin to measuring twice, cutting once!

"So you were directing your comments at those folks you assume will find this picture funny..."

Dang straight! Except it's NOT an assumption. It's a fact. Like many of my brother and sister fellow hunters here, I don't condone a headshot and those that think it's funny. Who knows, it just may be an errant shot, but that's not the point.

Also, as a REMINDER, below is what I originally said:

"It's an ugly thing to see, but it does happen and is a reminder to the stupids out there who try this arrogant, thoughtless and ridiculous shot, that it often doesn't pan out and this is what you are left with.

If any of you out there think this is funny, better re-evaluate yourself... on more than one level.
"

The ridiculous reply I receive to that is what set this whole bs thing off. Don't anyone think I'll sit back and catch flack for something I never said nor meant to say. If one is going to have issues with what I said, at least get what I said, right. LOL! I can live with that.

iSnipe

Last edited by iSnipe; 12-21-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

The OP didn't take the shot, he just posted it for discussion. It certainly relates to hunting and I think makes an interesting topic.

I have seen a picture of a hunter with an arrow sticking out of his head. No clue how it happened but he apparently lived. Just...strange....

You can make the same shot on different deer with a rifle and get a whole host of different reactions. I've seen deer just collapse with a clean shot and I've trailed blood a ways to find a very large hole where his vital organs once were. /shrug. I expect its the same with an arrow in some respects and the brain is a whole different thing.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sniper,Not sure why you keep calling me huckleberry, I guess thats supposed to get under my skin or something? I dont know what your problem is ,i just thought it was odd that someone would suggest that anyone thought these photos were funny, and you blew up like a lunatic. maybe you forgot to take your happy pill? dont know, dont care, but since i doubt you have anything of substance, to add, to any discussion, i will just put you on the ignore list, problem solved

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 12-22-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

to everyone else, sorry this got off course. id still like to hear if others think this is real or not. it seems almost impossible that a big broad head like that ,could pass through this deer brain and it still be walking around.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

The depths of your ignorance is without end deerhog. It shows when you made a post that didn't come close to pertaining what I was talking about. It just shows you need to read and comprehend what is written before you go off looking even more ignorant by quoting someone when there wasn't need to! I did not care, nor do now, what your intentions were for the post. My reply wasn't even directed at you, but you made it my business when you included me in your quote. You had better be careful when you engage people who haven't engaged you first. It invites the possibility of error, which of course you demonstrated here. Learn to comprehend the written word!

Remember, you quoted me in a situation where it didn't call for it and your reply was even more dumbfounded. When I go back and read your reply again, it still doesn't make sense. LOL!

Good day!

iSnipe
Old 12-22-2009, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

iSnipe
Oh yes, the obvious, NOBODY SAID IT'S FUNNY!!!!, if anyone here is the Huckleberry it's you. He made a simple comment and you attacked him.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

I like my .06. Drops 'em in their tracks EVERY time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.