Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

"Arrow head" ????

Old 12-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

I think it could be real. I have seen several bonafide medical studies on humans (this is pre- internet photoshop stuff) who suffered penetrating injuries to the brain and lived long lives. One had a 6' crow bar blown through his skull from tamping TNT. Oh yes, they certainly had obvious damage, but were able to function.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:52 AM
Spike

FAKE!
If you look at both pictures, one shows the arrow on the right side of her head and the other shows it on the left side of her head. Not real in my opinion.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Spike

Tough to tell from the quality of the pictures. Unrelated but my aunt's boyfriend shot a blackbear this season and the butcher found an arrowhead burried in his spine. From the calcium surrounding it, he said it had been in there for quite some time.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, is it me or does it seem like theres just a bit more arrow protruding out the back of the does head in the frontal pic than there is in the side view?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

poor deer I hate crossbows. I live in new york and any shmo would be able to come from the city up here to deer hunt with one. These are the guys that ruin hunting season and give hunters a bad name.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both pics show the distinct possibility that the arrow never entered the skull cavity. I believe the pics to be real.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know, I think if that Xbow bolt had went in behind the shoulder, that doe would be chilli right now.

Scribler, we both live in the same town, which is only 50 miles from the big rotten apple, we already have every shmo from the city up here (where do you think I came from?) seriously, if you dont like Xbows, i hate to tell you, i think theyre a done deal for next year, Im also hearing were getting and early ML season too. yep,Gun season in oct. oh the horror
Old 12-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

It's hard to believe that a crossbow bolt actually stayed in the animal. It is so fast that it chisels right through! It looks like it's just under the skin, maybe the skull took the brunt of the impact. They were probably using a very cheap crossbow and are mending broken/hurt fingers!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

This season they made xbows equivalent to compounds and traditional for archery only season here in Texas but I'm not sure how widepread their use became.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

that might fall off but that is not a real good shot lol sucks for that deer although it can scratch its back not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.