Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Learned my lesson on being lazy >

Learned my lesson on being lazy

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Learned my lesson on being lazy

Old 12-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Learned my lesson on being lazy

So I was lazy wednsday and slept in instead of going into the woods because I thought my spot was a night spot because I had only been seeing deer at night. It is late archery season so I go to check the trail camera today and I have a gorgeous 8 point at my spot at 7am that wednsday morning this camera is set up 15 yards from my stand. I am disgusted and it makes me sick knowing that I could have had a shot at this deer
Old 12-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

not gonna kill a deer unless your out there in the woods. next time dont think twice about goin out! good luck, hopefully he will come by when ur in the stand
Old 12-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I'm not going to remind you of the number of times I recommended for you to keep persisting.

I'm not going to remind you that I said it takes hard work along with patience to be successful.

I won't rub it in and say I told you so.

iSnipe

P.S. "You didn't think I wouldn't see this post, did you? LOL!"
Old 12-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Spike

Default Me Too

Don't beat yourself up too bad. I have had a case or two of the sleeping bag stay in myself. You do beat yourself up though when you wake up and look out at a bluebird morning.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

At least you got to sleep. I let a good 8pt sneak behind me last month when i did bother to get up, drive all the way to middletown and sat in the rain all day. thats huntn

BTW if it makes you feel better that buck was at your stand about 16 minutes before legal shooting light (sunrise is 7:15 now)

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 12-18-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Fork Horn

Lol well it is a good looking buck though!
Old 12-18-2009, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

I need to get some trail camera from my area. Was good for Bow and early BP but dead now.

I put my nephew into the hottest spot I could find scouting earlier this yr. I just can't get it into his head that the more time he sits in the woods the better chance he has at shooting his first deer. But I always seem to find him in my truck sleeping when I walk out.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look at it this way, he'll be even bigger next year.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Iv been out more this year during bow and gun then any other year. I sit alot of full days whenever possible otherwise just morning and evening hunts. I went out this morning to this spot sat by 545 and at 630 hear loud crunching I could not see anything it was still dark it came from the right rite where the picture was takin then it walked riteback where it came from within 5 minutes. I never got a glance of it. It had to be him it was only 30 mins earlier then this picture was takin. Ill be out agian tonight and tomorrow. Were supposed to be getting a storm tomorrow so hopefully hell be moving.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

That's the curse of the trail camera. It will second guess your every move. For as many times as you miss a buck by sleeping in, I would venture to guess you see plenty at 4:35 on a .....Tuesday afternoon while you would have been at work. I know it happens to me alot.

I always feel guilty for the hunts I miss when the season is gone unless it was a productive season. I always say I'll hunt real hard next weekend and before you know it, the season is over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.