Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My feeder...whatcha think?

Old 12-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My feeder...whatcha think?

This is my feeder I made it in shop by drilling a board in the inside of the bucket...than I drilled a PVC pipe with 2 screw's made into a V when a deer hits the PVC at the bottom of the bucket corn will fall out...it is about 5 foot off the ground at the bottom of the bucket...What do you think?

You can see my trail camera in this picture lol

Old 12-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks Great!

Would you mind sending me some pics from that camera over that feeder?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

mmmmk...sure will this is about 60 yards from my bow stand it is illegal to hunt bait here so I am going to hope my stand is on a trail they use
Old 12-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Spike

we do something very similar, but use plastice buckets, and I would cut the pvc alot shorter, maybe a foot or 2 sticking out of the bucket, and u can also buy a bigger pvc pipe, and put one inside the other, and fill the gap with mollases(sp) and maybe some pwanut butter, and let it sit in the outside for a few days to dry out. just my .02
Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

That looks nice, were not allowed to feed'em here. And if I hunted that spot I would be as far away from that thing as I could get. Them big bucks are not going to visit that thing until waaaaaaay past shooting hours.....
Old 12-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Buck Dave
That looks nice, were not allowed to feed'em here. And if I hunted that spot I would be as far away from that thing as I could get. Them big bucks are not going to visit that thing until waaaaaaay past shooting hours.....
I believe that sometimes but I have seen too many big bucks taken from near feeders at prime shooting times.

In Texas, its pretty much standard procedure to hunt a corn feeder and you can get some pretty impressive models. I have a nice one, myself that I'll post a pic of sometime.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

In my eyes, once you feed a wild animal, it ain't wild anymore.....I would set up a feeder if I was allowed but I just use doe estrus.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

We found one of these on a property we bought and now have made 4 or 5 with buckets and several just the pvc pipe. Regular 5 gal bucket, a pvc toilet flange, 4" schedule 35 pipe, a wye fitting, a little more pipe and a cap. We drill holes in the cap to let water drain. All said, about $16 for the setup without buying a bucket. We get plenty of those for free. Holds 7-8 gal of corn. We keep them failry high off the ground to prevent NBA playing coons. Also the plastic tilt a wheel on top keeps coons from climbing down the tree and chewing through the bucket lid.
Attached Thumbnails My feeder...whatcha think?-mdgc0542.jpg  

Last edited by mbmrang; 12-16-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

I believe those big bucks dont come till way past shooting hours most of the time onthe other hand I have takin a mature 9 point off one in jersey and have had to monsters walk in together an hour before dark so Idk im optimistic
Old 12-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/sho...roducts_id=110

This is what I'm using right now....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.