Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Buck calls for this time of year.... >

Buck calls for this time of year....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck calls for this time of year....

Old 12-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buck calls for this time of year....

i was just wondering what call or lure worked this time of year if any...?? i am looking at the primos buck roar to buy for later this season (if it works) and next season....i hear the cold really hurts it tho...? any help is appreciated!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

I would use the same calling tactics now as you would early bow season-minimal. A soft grunt here or there or some light antler sparring might work for you. Me personally, i would stay away from agressive rut type calling ( like the buck roar/growl) now in the late season. If you notice some late rut activity or a particular buck still acting agressive than call more aggressive. As for blind calling this time of year i would either keep it soft or none at all. Thats just my oppinion. Im not a big fan of lures so maybe someone else can help you with that.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i thinks its a little late for the buck roar
Old 12-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

if i was you i would try using the primos can estrous call. i used it last year around this time and i had bucks coming in to investigate.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have always tried to use it with no luck how do you use yours?? i just turn it over 3 times...
Old 12-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be VERY cautious using calls this late in the season. Most likely, all you'll really do is give a heavily hunted late season whitetail a reason to circle downwind and bust you. Just remember how much hunting presures these deer have been through up to this point. I promise you, the list of trophy bucks called in during the late season is a short one indeed! My best strategy for late calling wold be to ONLY call to deer you can see and thus read their body language. Be careful and good luck