HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Buckshot effectiveness (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/311790-buckshot-effectiveness.html)

early in 12-11-2009 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by bigcountry (Post 3521621)
First off, full and super full will cause horrible patterns. Modified will probably produce best. Second, its about the most ineffective setup one can use. I have been on two hunts with it. And I won't use it again.

They use it alot here in MD for sika deer hunting in the swamps. Kinda like jump hunting. I was with a group who all vollied 3 rounds at a sika at 35 yards, and I happen to be using sluggers and took it down.

Isn't it si T ka deer?

Woodrow88 12-11-2009 07:46 AM

8. Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight" with one another.

bigcountry 12-11-2009 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by early in (Post 3526773)
Isn't it si T ka deer?

Not in merryland. Asian small elk transplanted in early 1900's. Got loose in the swamps. Only free ranging substainable herd in the country of that speices. TX has another. Toughest deer I ever seen. A 90lb sika will kick the crap out of a 200lb WT. We call em swamp rats.

Woodrow88 12-11-2009 07:58 AM

I have no idea what is going on here. The thread was about shooting 00 buck, I asked a simple question to some other hunters here for some advice on a choke?? Doing drives for deer in NC is very common. What am I missing besides that X factor is a complete A$$? He is a new member maybe one of the administrators need to teach him some manners.

bigcountry 12-11-2009 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Woodrow88 (Post 3526852)
I have no idea what is going on here. The thread was about shooting 00 buck, I asked a simple question to some other hunters here for some advice on a choke?? Doing drives for deer in NC is very common. What am I missing besides that X factor is a complete A$$? He is a new member maybe one of the administrators need to teach him some manners.

Nobody, I mean nobody should shoot at game without at least patterning thier gun. Its just irresposible. Just an opinion. I hope that is not taken offensively. Ballpark, use either full, modified, or mod improved. Take those three and pattern that with your ammo. Nobody can tell you exactly what to use. I use modified with brass coated 00 rem buckshot. Hope it helps.

Or you could use slugs and go deer hunting.

Woodrow88 12-11-2009 08:10 AM

Thanks big Country I appreciate you helping me out. I planned on patterning the gun before my trip. My friend said he didn't use a choke, just wanted to get it right.

solocamcan 12-11-2009 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by X Factor (Post 3526842)
9. Do not act like you know what you are talking about,when you do not.

10. Someone will call you on it.

11. Dry the tears and carry on,steeped with accurate intel

So the great one has finally arrived to the HNI forums....welcome X, we ALL will just throw our keyboards away... for we dont need them anymore. We will sit and wait with great anticipation for you to post all things correct in the outdoor world. :hail::hail::hail: