Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting/Hunting Magazine

Old 11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Hunting/Hunting Magazine

I was just wondering if you guys had any recommendations on a hunting magazine that you read and gain a lot of knowledge from. I have read several in the past and I was just wanting to get some of your opinions. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

I've read a lot of them and like them all, but I settled on the North American hunter magazine, and American Hunter magazine, so that I could support wildlife and guns. I became a life member of The North Amercan Hunting Club, and the NRA, so I get those magazines for ever. The junk mail that comes with it will also heat your home for the winter if you save it to burn! That is a joke but they do send a lot of mail wanting more financial help than most can afford to give, but I suppose if it didn't pay off for them they would stop, so they must be raking it in and thats a good thing for wildlife and the bill of rights. I know the NAHC gives to Pheasants Forever and other groups and The NRA protects all our freedoms even though they primarily fight to keep gun rights. I also would suggest NRA news.com for live coverage of whats going on in the nation day to day concerning gun rights cases. They have a live broadcast as well as archives and news from everywhere on guns and hunting legislation.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntr4lfe

...wondering if you guys had any recommendations on a hunting magazine that you read and gain a lot of knowledge from.
I've read many a deer hunting magazine in my days. I use to have a boat load of subscriptions coming to me all the time.

If I had to recommend only one for it's knowledge, I say get Deer & Deer Hunting.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/Magazine/

iSnipe
Old 11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

I really only hunt deer, so I figured whey read about anything else. I picked up Deer and Deer Hunting about 5 years ago and have been hooked. Great magazine with super informative articles. You might learn way more than you bargained for.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

I read deer and deer hunting as well or used to anyway. I prefer to read North American Whitetail now. But its a matter of preferance
Old 11-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

I like Deer and Deer Hunting as well. I also get a few local Mags called Wood and Water, and Florida Game and Fish. They have a lot of good local info.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Picked up a copy of Deer and Deer Hunting, great magazine! Thanks for your input and keep em coming!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

North American Whiteail is the best deer hunting mag available!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Bowhunter & Deer & Deer Hunting
Old 11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by iSnipe
If I had to recommend only one for it's knowledge, I say get Deer & Deer Hunting.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/Magazine/

iSnipe
X2

I also like North American Whitetail, but most of those articles are on specific deer already harvested and the story behind their hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.