Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What calls are working now??

Old 11-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What calls are working now??

well i have limited days to hunt and i was curious which calls are working at this time of the season....i have a pair of horns i could rattle, a grunt tube and a bleat can....the grunt tube sounds nothing like the ones online or on tv and im not sure why...any input is appreciated
Old 11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I NEVER hunt without a grunt and snort wheeze call. That being said, I rarely like to blind call. There is just far to great of a chance that ANY mature deer will circle downwind of the callers location and ruin your hunt. Instead, I prefer to call only to deer I can see and READ so I know exactly what more I need to do to bring 'em in close. This time of the season you just never know a bucks reaction to calling but it can change by the hour. Good luck and good huntin'
Old 11-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Spike

Had two bucks come in on me last weekend to the can call. I love that call. Fortunately and unfortunately they were both very young bucks so they came in up wind. heh