Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Corn still up....

Old 11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Spike

Default Corn still up....

So I have a dilema... I typically hunt on the tree line of a large field. In front of me is about 40 acres of corn, then a marsh. Behind me is a woods. However, we only have permission for about 50ft of the woods because the poperty line cuts through. The deer typically bed in the marsh and travel between the woods throughout the day. Its been a great stand for a number of years. However, thanks to good amount of rain the last week of October, the corn is still standing between me and the marsh. There is good chance that it will still be standing come this weekends Wisconsin opener. Any suggestions our thoughts if that corn is still standing. My shooting windows just got very very small.....
Old 11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Spike

A few more details... To my right is about 150yrds and then another fence line. To the left is more corn and about a half mile to the road. Also no one hunts the woods behind us. That woods is only about 50 total acres.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I drove down to southern MN yesterday and saw several standing corn fields. I think because of the wet weather the farmers can't get their machines out there. This means many hunters here are most likely facing similar situations.

Buy some of the farmers corn and cut it down. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 11-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

ours is just getting cut this week. pray he gets it done by sat. bet he will!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Find where they're coming through the corn and hunt in the corn(if you can).