Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First MN Buck Down!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First MN Buck Down!

A first for me. Would love to share pictures and details but I got to get this thing cut up. 61 degrees here.

Shot at 730am, 10 points, 208 dressed. Pics and story to follow.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations! 61 degrees is warm weather for sure. It's 54° here now. I'm curiuos as to how that along with no snow will affect the hunter's success?

Anyway, look forward in seeing the pics when you have time. Whatever you do, DON'T ask people to guess the rack size because there are a few ***-***** here that don't like those types of questions. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 11-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Spike

To !Snipe---LOL I love to guess at deer on the hoof, but if you have him on the ground just put a tape on him. Only makes sense to me.

James congrats on the buck. Look forward to the pics.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

Congratulations!

I'm personally counting down the days til the first day for me!

23 days!!! I can NOT wait!

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Anyway, look forward in seeing the pics when you have time. Whatever you do, DON'T ask people to guess the rack size because there are a few ***-***** here that don't like those types of questions. LOL!

iSnipe
LMAO! I'll remember that when and "if" I get my very first buck!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Did you hear much shooting around compaired to other years? Just wondering if the temps hindered the deer movement.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a couple of pictures. I didnt' take the time to set up and take pictures of myself. It was too warm, and I was too concerned with how I was going to get the buck out of the woods by myself.

It's 100 miles from my house. I left the house at 3:30 just to make sure I was in the stand in time. I got in the stand at 5:30am. Rattled at 6:00, 6:45 and then again at 7:30. On the third sequence I could hear a deer breaking all kind of sticks behind me and to my left but it never came out of the woods into the cutting. A few minutes later and this buck showed up, directly to my right. 50 yard shot with the .338 and I anchored him there. Thank goodness too! Like I said, not the highest scoring, but he dressed out at 208lbs. I had never hunted MN before. This was a new state and new area to me. I scouted it 3 weeks ago, hung a stand two weeks ago, and sat there for the first time this morning.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with that deer! Congrats! Where were you hunting at? I was hunting South East Mn. It was nasty hot today. I did hear alot of shots this morning, but nothing much this afternoon. We didnt see a deer all day.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a pretty heavy rack though. I would have knocked him down too. Congrats on another fine buck.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats a great buck. congrats and nice job
Old 11-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

There aint nothing wrong with that deer. That is as pretty a deer as i have seen. Congratulations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.