Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

revenue

Old 11-06-2009, 04:45 AM
Spike

Default revenue

im curious..i hear bitching from wisconsin deer hunters saying that the buck sighting's have dropped big time..well it does not take a rocket engineer to figure out that the more bucks that are killed the less bucks you have in the years to come..i think personally that the wisconsin dnr is allowing all these bucks to be killed for revenue and if that is the case..something is wrong..now here in ky we have maybe two counties up in the mountains that only allow doe during rifle season and they have been that way for the last few years..why?..to build the buck population up to a huntable and sustainable number..the state of ky has a great herd all across the commonwealth and in my opinion.. our dnr has done a great job..on my lease..it is not uncommon to see 2 bucks a day everyday..the ky dnr has done a great job and i hope that wisconsin takes some lessons from us..not just for the wisconsins deer's herd sake..but for the hunters sake as well...big buck killer 29....
Old 11-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Are you trying to get something started? I saw you posted almost the same thing in another thread,just mind your own business unless you hunt there.IN TN we are allowed 3 bucks a year and it hasn't hurt our herd,we have a great herd,and take a higher percentage of older class deer than KY does..That right there is straight from some high level TWRA (TN dnr) officails and they have the data to back it up..From waht i hear on Wisconsin,is that they have gotten to liberal with their doe harvests and have reduced the herd to practically nothing..Shooting bucks doesn't really hurt the herd,it only takes 1 buck for countless does,it shooting the does that hurts.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Banned

Of course he is trying to get something started. Look at his other posts. Just another person with too much time on their hands. Go out and hunt instead of starting a war of words on the net.