Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How come......

Old 11-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Default How come......

....there are so many people who care enough about a Buck's score to get on here, post pictures, and ask everyone for their best guess, but not enough to get a tape measure, a little knowledge on scoring and find out for themselves? It's not rocket science.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

tape measure wont help when its a picture from a trail camera. i agree with you it seems like every other post is that way, i myself couldnt careless if it had antlers but some people are trophy hunters and could careless about the meat, i swear some people must chew on the antlers they are so obsessed with them.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 AM
Typical Buck

I say, shoot first, measure later. Honestly, if a bunch of internet guys think he is a 120 or a 130, how does that change how you will hunt him? Are you gonna face east if he's less than 140? Are you gonna use a climber if his spread is less than 20"? Go shoot him and tell us about it later.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RenaissanceBiker
I say, shoot first, measure later. Honestly, if a bunch of internet guys think he is a 120 or a 130, how does that change how you will hunt him? Are you gonna face east if he's less than 140? Are you gonna use a climber if his spread is less than 20"? Go shoot him and tell us about it later.
Well said! Couldn't agree more!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RenaissanceBiker

Honestly, if a bunch of internet guys think he is a 120 or a 130, how does that change how you will hunt him?

It doesn't. It's just a reason to post for most...keeps things going a bit. It's almost like here's a buck to look at....while your at it throw a score at him.

Do you get tired of looking at bucks in trail cam photos? I don't. When I open up the hunting forums, the first thing I do is scan for buck photo threads.

Although BBD threads supercede all.

Last edited by pigiron; 11-05-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Actually, I was referring to the Guys with "Buck in hand" so to speak. I almost understand the trail cam questions (though not quite)! I also wonder how many of the trail cam Guys would actually pass on a Buck if they didn't hear what they wanted as far as score goes. Probably not many!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree, buck in hand, it's very easy, read the method once and then you have it...

personally I say keep a long string, then measure that length of string, don't bother adding up all of these individual lenghts, I can probably run off a bucks score on a string in 1 or 2minutes than break out the tape measure and measure that lenght of string.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pigiron
It doesn't. It's just a reason to post for most...keeps things going a bit. It's almost like here's a buck to look at....while your at it throw a score at him.

Do you get tired of looking at bucks in trail cam photos? I don't. When I open up the hunting forums, the first thing I do is scan for buck photo threads.

Although BBD threads supercede all.
I agree, most just want to post their pics. if your a meat hunter shoot a Doe.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe they already know how? Ever thought of that Leroy?

Maybe they just want to share their picture and have fun having people guess?

Why so critical anyway? If those posts bother you, DON'T read them.

iSnipe
Old 11-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Spike

I for one love looking at pics from trail cams, of deer or any other animal that comes along.... Keep em coming i say...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.