Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

thoughts on this

Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Spike

Default thoughts on this

im saving for a 300 ultra mag. i want a super accurate sub-moa rifle. im considering buying a rem 700 sps and using that gun as an action base then upgrading parts as i can save the fund. later add things like a fluted bull barrel and mcmillan precision stock.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

And why not...........?!?!

That model 700 has more aftermarket parts than any other.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by zaboo
im saving for a 300 ultra mag. i want a super accurate sub-moa rifle. im considering buying a rem 700 sps and using that gun as an action base then upgrading parts as i can save the fund. later add things like a fluted bull barrel and mcmillan precision stock.
That's what I have done buy a 700 action, then customized it when I figured out what I wanted & saved the money to do so. So far I have built on 2 used and 1 new actions. I have a donor action in my gun room now in fact, its a barely used BDL 3006, not sure what to do with it just yet so sitting on it. I'm a southpaw so when i get the chance to pick something up I do, if only for trade bait in the future.