Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What can i do

Old 11-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Spike

Default What can i do

i want badly to hunt but the place i got has no deer lol. the wma near where i live is very dangerous, several hunter get shot at a year so im afraid of that. i cant find a lease to join thats affordable being that im a college student and my money is very tight.and my old man is getting out of hunting so i cant bum hunts off of him. any advice is appreciated
Old 11-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

A "college student" huh? Do they teach English / grammar / sentence structure there? That paragraph is rather difficult to read.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

A quick check of the QDMA Deer Density Map reveals that there are extremely few parts of Louisiana that have fewer than 15-30 deer per square mile, sounds like you need to leave the campus a bit more.

In your situation and location hunting public land is probably your only option. Wear lots of blaze orange, and find the places where the other hunters don't go. If one of your buds has access to a boat you could try hunting isolated islands and estuaries of larger lakes or rivers, most hunters aren't motivated enough to do that. Swamps are probably another option considering your location, invest in some hip waders, and be sure to bring a friend for safety. I have yet to meet a farmer who likes deer, canvass the local farms to see if nuisance deer control is an option.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
A "college student" huh? Do they teach English / grammar / sentence structure there? That paragraph is rather difficult to read.
Dont we have a sticky thread about this very thing? Come on dude this is a HUNTING forum!! Who gives a turd how someone writes!? Sheesh maybe ill keep my post count down so I dont get flamed for a comma I missed somewhere. Anyway...what kevin1 said, ask around locally theres usually a few nice fellers that would let ya join a lease or join a hunt. That is of course if you speak properly enough!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Spike

Have to agree with Toyota on this one......Our younger generation of hunters are going to be shy to ask questions here for the fear of being riddiculed about spelling or grammar on thier issue. Lets get back to the basics of these forums and give our best advice in order to better educate them on hunting. Let's let the teachers of higher education worry about the spelling.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

I can see both sides to this issue. On one hand it is a Hunting site and not all of us are English majors, but on the other hand if you are trying to obtain information and communicate with others you need to be able to communicate effectively. My job has me communicating with fellow Americans Overseas and I am always amazed at some of their attempts to relay information to me. The ironic thing about that is most of the people actually majored in communications!!! Go figure.......
Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb

Wearing enough blaze orange is a good start to being safe. Another, and this is sort of extreme, is to use a small light to and from your stand for those early morning and coming out of the stand in the evening situations.

Now if you're serious about your post, this next advice is good, real good, but takes a little work on your part:

Call the DNR in your area. Ask to speak to the wildlife coordinator or similar titled person and ask them about deer density numbers. He/she will point you in the right direction where you can start "scouting". Notice I said "scouting". The reason being is once you find a suitable area, you just don't go hunting. You scout to find the spots that will give you the best opportunity at getting a deer.

========================

Now, about the spelling, grammar, sentence structure comments...

I agree 100% about it's importance. While it is not in fashion to remind or comment on someone's misuse of the words(As I've done this too) to communicate, ie, writing ineffectively, there is a whole spectrum of disadvantages that comes with it.

One, it makes you look uneducated. While I couldn't care less what someone thinks of me in a social aspect, it's important when I'm communicating to someone on a potential $35k deal. While I'm self-employed, I don't have to worry about turning in a job application and later talk to a hiring consultant about getting a job, which could reply on my ability to write. However, I do work with 100's of clients and essentially, they are my potential bosses, so writing ineffectively there could cost me.

It's important to exercise good grammar at all times because you just never know what may/will happen in a situation where you are judged on it. We as adults should know by now not to judge by appearance, age, sex, etc, etc, but in the real world, judgments happen in an instant and if your grammar is lacking, it just very well could cost you a job.

As for writing in a setting like this forum, as long as I understand what is being said, I don't care how someone writes and if the language is polite, free of vulgarity, anger and swearing, I'm cool with that.

iSnipe
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Spike

Oh my god!!!!!!!! This is a dang internet forum!!!!! Can u not take a break from the bullsh.. everday life if you want to on here and just post what your thinking at the time instead of having to worry about the grammer?? Jeeze this is just like all the other forums out there, theres nowhere you can just relax and be yourself.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
wow that a little harsh bub, this is a forum not a term paper.
I KNOW WHAT THIS ABOUT YOUR MAD CAUSE THE SAINT KICKED THE CRAP OUT OF THE DOLPHINS. HAHAHA THATS WHY YOUR SORE

Last edited by zaboo; 11-04-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by toyota4x4
snipped/// Can u not take a break from the bullsh.. everday life if you want to on here and just post what your thinking at the time instead of having to worry about the grammer?? ....snipped.....

In a word...NO.

Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation are all important parts of communication. The better we all are at each of these, the more effectively we can communicate with each other.

However, that is far off topic.

Plat books, public land access maps,try your county seat office, they may have aerial maps of the county (also online) that you can look at the identify areas to hunt. These are also a good way to pre-scout an area and eliminate some that may not have the best looking habitat for deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.