Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Patternmaster w/Winchester Buckshot >

Patternmaster w/Winchester Buckshot

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Patternmaster w/Winchester Buckshot

Old 11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Patternmaster w/Winchester Buckshot

Anyone use a Patternmaster Extended Range choke with Winchester Supreme High-Velocity Copper-Plated Buckshot?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry, can't help you out here. It's illegal where I hunt as it is in most states....
Old 11-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you even want to use buckshot? Your are limited on everything distance, shot placement...etc etc. Why not use slugs or a ML? Not to mention the high case of wounding a deer with a single buckshot. I wish they would make this load illegal for hunting all together.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Why would you even want to use buckshot? Your are limited on everything distance, shot placement...etc etc. Why not use slugs or a ML? Not to mention the high case of wounding a deer with a single buckshot. I wish they would make this load illegal for hunting all together.
While I much prefer a rifle in many situations I think buckshot has it's place.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by solocamcan
USMC Camp Lejeune regulations require the use of buckshot on base during organized hunts and the use of slugs on individual hunts, so that's why. Why is this load so bad???
Old 11-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is what I use and am very happy with the combo. I hunt where we are buckshot only and after trying several combos this is what I settled with. Very confident out to 50 yards.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
Why is this load so bad???
It's not that it's so bad, but more about it's a marginal round to use and people don't confine their shot opportunities to it's limited range. Instead through the heat of the excitement, they see a deer at like 65 yards and pull the trigger. At that range, they may get lucky... or not.

It's deadly, but you have to keep your shots close and know your weapon's shot pattern so you know what you can and can not get away with.

iSnipe