Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
so much for the moon phase predictions >

so much for the moon phase predictions

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

so much for the moon phase predictions

Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default so much for the moon phase predictions

we had a full moon this weekend, i was ******in my daughter fer youth weekend and my buddy was bowhuntin at the same time...we went a lil late and i told him he could prolly sleep til 10am b4 the deer will move.....thats a big fat negative, there were 2 deer waitin basically beside the feeder waitin on us when we got there at day break.. and the moved again at 3-4pm..with the clocks rolled bak fer daylight savings..so i give up...all day huntin werks fer me
Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

I didn't have any deer move until 8:30 am yesterday morning, and got shut out besides a small 8 pointer last night... I blame the moon! :-)
Old 11-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Deer have been moving a litle late in the morning the past few times I have been out to the lease. At least after 8:30. Best rule of thumb is "you wont see them if your not out there".
Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya know i can see where it would allow the bigger bucks to stay bedded down in the daylight...but as far as all deer go...not this weekend anywaz..we saw 9 b-4 8a and 6 after 3pm..gran-it that aint a whole lotta deer, but to us it was plenty...and he shoulda been out at 5:30am bowhuntin, cause the deer walked right by where he woulda been, we were a lil late gettin out so he woulda got one fer sure!lol maybe!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just thinking of moon-phase last night with the moon out and everything. Got to thinking if I believe that, as I use to study up on it back in the early 90's when it was all the rage, etc. Now I think it's interesting, but it will never keep me from being in the woods, however, it may drag me out there when otherwise, I may not have gone. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 11-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

I myself hate hunting when there is a full moon the night before.because i know i won't see anything . I really don't know why I waste my time going out ,I guess I keep telling myself if I'm not out there I'm not going to see anything sitting in a chair .
Old 11-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cynikalHC
Deer have been moving a litle late in the morning the past few times I have been out to the lease. At least after 8:30. Best rule of thumb is "you wont see them if your not out there".
Yah, same here. Its been weird up in New York, the deer start to move in my area around 8:30 and right around 5-530 in the evening.