Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

K9 problem @ lease

Old 11-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

S hoot
S hovel
S hutup

From what you posted it has been going on far too long. It isn't some isolated incident or two where, "Ooops the dogs escaped." They are running without any control (wild).

I wouldn't talk to no one about nothing. Don't want anyone coming back asking any questions or knowing it was you that was the upset one (motive).

Last edited by uncle matt; 11-02-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

SSS

iSnipe
Old 11-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Spike

wait for it ............BOOM....................no more dog
Old 11-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

In missouri it is illegal to shoot dogs. If caughr you can be prosected. Seems if know if I agree with shooting them or not. Do they have collars on or can you catch them and take them back to their owner and have a chat with them.If I made that effort and still had the problem then I believe I could give them lead poisoning and sleep at night also. Just my opinion
Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Spike

The dog issue is a never ending problem in most rural areas.
I wont shoot dogs , for legal reasons and ethical. I had many dogs in my life and just couldnt kill one unless it was aggresive and threatened me
Believe me , I've had several hunts ruined because dogs running around , but most of the times they've been put in by dog hunters illegaly hunting a tract that they aint supposed to hunt.....I must say these are in the minority . Most dog clubs have been pretty good though.

Get the law involved.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Dominant Buck

We have this discussion every year, and it always boils down to two choices:
A) Shoot the dogs
B) Call the law

Pick one.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

I've had the same problem in the past. Found the owner let him know and showed proof with trail cam pics. Warned him I trap the land and didn't want to hurt his dogs. His quote was, "I moved to the country so my dogs could run" I wished him a good day and left. I havn't seen those dogs for a while..... Wonder what happened to them? Shhhhh
Old 11-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Find the owner and talk to him/her. If the problem persist SSS.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Spike

to quote the Michigan DNR from about ten years ago, "don't waste my time shoot shovel and shut the hell up"
Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

If there someones rabbit dogs they should have a collar on with a name plate and phone number. Someone may be turning the dogs in there and hunting on your place. If you can catch one of the dogs you can get the info. off the collar the local wildlife officer can have a talk with them. If they don't have a collar on then they are not hunting dogs or there deer dogs someone doesn't want to get caught with. If there strays or someones illegal deer dogs put a bullet to them and don't worry about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.