HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   K9 problem @ lease (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/308740-k9-problem-lease.html)

shaner72 11-02-2009 09:45 AM

K9 problem @ lease

Our lease is 85 acres with about 65 of it being nasty knarly thickets. This year we have had a group of beagles chasing deer and everything else around in this thicket, almost on a daily basis. Had some pics of monster bucks, 3 to be exact in sept. early oct. but have not had any pics since then. usually have about 350 pics every 2 weeks recently had only 88. Dont really know how to handle this problem but it really stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

texas8point 11-02-2009 09:47 AM

I would say its nothing a 300 wsm wouldn't take care of but you'd have folks on here pee'n their pants. So I would call the local GW and see if there are any types of laws regarding this.

cwanty03 11-02-2009 10:08 AM

booooooooooooooooooom

jeep4x4greg 11-02-2009 10:21 AM

depends on your state!

in IL its against the law to let your dogs trespass and you can get a ticket for it.

cynikalHC 11-02-2009 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by texas8point (Post 3492537)
I would say its nothing a 300 wsm wouldn't take care of but you'd have folks on here pee'n their pants. So I would call the local GW and see if there are any types of laws regarding this.

+1 But I would be more inclined to use a 22 seeings how the bullets are cheap and quiet...:fighting0007::fighting0007:

Champlain Islander 11-02-2009 11:19 AM

Find out who owns the dogs and then get F&W involved. You must have pics of the dogs and it shouldn't be difficult to find out who owns them. It is the owners fault not the dogs.

toyota4x4 11-02-2009 12:15 PM

Ive had the same problem on a couple leases in the past and am running into this problem on my private 80acres this year. Ive seen the owner of the dogs this year and spoke to her father about seein em chasin deer and even he said shoot em n leave em layin! Ive shot a good many k9s chasin deer..before im bashed I am a dog lover. Im raisin a 4 month blue heeler at the moment and would hate to see anything happen to her. But at the same time, if dogs are runnin deer to me there no better than coyotes and I dont hesitate to kill them when I see em. When dogs pack up and run game there wild especially if there not huntin dogs ie beagles, which is my case right now. Talk with the owners, but that wont help ive tried that in the past. Theres a reason they let the dogs run free...they dont care.

halfbakedi420 11-02-2009 12:22 PM

i am not a dog hater, i have 2...but wild dogs are jus as bad as coyotes...someones pet is definatly not a wild dog, but if it aint kept on their own property then they are fair game....i'd hate fer my dog to get shot..thats why i keep em' in a safe area as to not have to worry about that...like runnin in the street...if i hit it with my car..is that my fault

halfbakedi420 11-02-2009 12:24 PM

or just get a BSA DeerHunter scope and shoot around them tryin to miss and you will definetly hit him on accident!!!:barmy:

SWThomas 11-02-2009 12:35 PM

I would see if you can find out who the owner is and talk to them.