Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

8 Pointer

Old 11-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default 8 Pointer

This is a decent 8 pointer for where I live. Looks like he has a little kicker coming off the back of his G2...

Any ideas on the length of his main beam?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Why do people keep asking questions like this? You can't make an accurate estimation based on a photo. It's somewhere between 6 and 60 inches. Does that help?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SpinnerOfWood

Any ideas on the length of his main beam?
They don't reach his nose so the beam length is certainly under 24". I'd say he looks to be in the 20 to 22" range for beams.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RenaissanceBiker
Why do people keep asking questions like this? You can't make an accurate estimation based on a photo.
I beg to differ! I've found that our estimates have been surprisingly close when many of these animals are eventually tagged. Easily possible to be within just a few inches of a very accurate estimate.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I beg to differ! I've found that our estimates have been surprisingly close when many of these animals are eventually tagged. Easily possible to be within just a few inches of a very accurate estimate.
OK, but does that mean Spinner isn't going to hunt him? Does that change the way Spinner will hunt him?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

RenaissanceBiker

I am from South Carolina... Anything that comes under my stand that is brown, 4-legged and has antlers doesn't have a chance in the world at going farther than the smoke pole will allow...

I never said that I am running a QDM program where I am hunting. I never said that I am going to be selective and only shoot a 130" class or better deer. I never said anything of that nature. Just trying to figure out how big the antlers are. The only thing I've ever shot is a cow-horn...

YOU made the assumption that I was asking because I wanted to make sure he "QUALIFIED" as a shooter deer. Get off your high horse and cheer up dude. This is chat about deer.

You are way off subject...

Originally Posted by RenaissanceBiker
Why do people keep asking questions like this? You can't make an accurate estimation based on a photo. It's somewhere between 6 and 60 inches. Does that help?

Last edited by SpinnerOfWood; 11-02-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

I'm also in SC and that's how my club is run too. Shoot him first, measure him later.