Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My setup/tonights hunt!!

Old 10-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Cool My setup/tonights hunt!!

Ite yall heres the deal. I have 4 Acres of private land that backs up to miles and miles of woods. About 5 or 6 years ago they clear cut alot of it but there is still alot of woods. There is a nice size creek about 400 yards away from my land and hardwoods going around it. The ground is generally flat so I dont have any ridges or what not, My property Is half hardwoods and half powerlines. I have a plot planted under the powerlines, Only about 15 yds. x 60 yds. It is legal to bait here in Florida So I am constantly throwing corn out and the devour It. Across from the powerlines on the other side. They have just began putting in subdivisions. There Is alot of oaks in the Area and no Farm fields. Just straight woods. I was wondering How I can find there bedding areas. There is a ton of tracks on my plot but I cant really find distinct deer trails. And I dont know how many deer I have on this property because I can assure you its not loaded. I have a trail cam out and Keep Getting the same small buck and 3 does everynight. I have hunted everyday morning this season and about 4 afternoons and only saw one deer and hes now in my freezer. Yall have anytips to get them coming in the day, finding there bedding areas, and drawing in bigger bucks. It seems as if this area aint got alotta deer. But for all the woods its got to. This is about a 200 yd. walk from my house and Its so convenient, I just dont know what else to do. Please help . Someone
Thanks Danny

Last edited by dpj1030; 10-27-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: No attention
Old 10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

6:45 Here I just got out of my stand. This morning we had rain rain and more rain. This afternoon it stayed overcast but started to clear up. I figured it would be a good time to sit my plot. 5:50 I got in my stand Late. 6:03 I look at my phone look up and there are 3 deer on the plotI dont think they ever saw me or winded me but they moved around fed on some oats and rye grass. 6:18 they look down the powerlines, BAMM! all took off never blue just flagged and ran! Busted?? Im not sure but whats yalls opinion. The wind was in my favor and I didn't even make a move. Do yall think I should let it rest for a few days or what????

Last edited by dpj1030; 10-27-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Should have left at phone in ur pocket,LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!I give up bowhuntin,aint seen a deer,heard 1 blowin at me bout a week ago,i'll just squirrel &rabbit hunt til Nov.21 1st day rifle season.I hope i kill a few this time!!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

I say never give up. Where at in Alabama you hunting?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

NE Alabama
Old 10-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Sat this staand again this morning, Bummed didn't see one Dang deer, Had to get outta my stand early to, almost crapped my britches
Old 10-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 13pointjomc
Should have left at phone in ur pocket,LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!I give up bowhuntin,aint seen a deer,heard 1 blowin at me bout a week ago,i'll just squirrel &rabbit hunt til Nov.21 1st day rifle season.I hope i kill a few this time!!!!
worst thing ive ever hear
Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by dpj1030
I have hunted everyday morning this season and about 4 afternoons...
That's one of your problems right there. Everywhere I know when one applies that much pressure on one spot, the deer are going to skirt that area; especially during daylight hours. You're going to have to find more areas than that to hunt. I would back off that spot and scout around during daylight hours when the wind is in your favor, ie, not blowing towards where you think the deer are bedded. Scouting will reveal their travel patterns, what they are eating, bedding and feeding areas. Once you gather enough intel, then plan your hunt based on that. This may mean hunting off that small parcel.

iSnipe
Old 10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Sniper, I know where there feeding at, EVERYWHERE! WE HAVE ACORNS EVERYWHERE!! So they pick and choose where they want to go. Generally deep in the thicket that aint our property But my brother sat this stand tonight and Didn't see a dang deer all afternoon.

Last edited by dpj1030; 10-28-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:44 AM
Fork Horn

About to go walk out the door and sit this stand, I'll let yall know how it Goes! Someone say a prayer

Ok 2 hours later Im back NO DEER!

Last edited by dpj1030; 10-29-2009 at 04:18 AM. Reason: No Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.