HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Best TV Channel for Hunting Shows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/307916-best-tv-channel-hunting-shows.html)

throatpatch 10-25-2009 05:50 PM

Best TV Channel for Hunting Shows

Which is your favorite channel for hunting shows and why?

timbercruiser 10-26-2009 04:23 AM

Outdoor followed by Versus. I can't get the Sportsman channel to give an opinion about them.

SWThomas 10-26-2009 05:54 AM

+1. Outdoor Channel followed by Versus. I get the Sportmans Channel but they have very few shows I like.

1shotkill1993 10-26-2009 06:51 AM

I LOVE the outdoor channel. But we no longer get it because we just don't have the money. Versus has apparently closed down? At least thats what it says on my T.V. (Directv). But I do get the Pursuit channel, and Sportsman channel. From the two I choose Pursuit

ipscshooter 10-26-2009 07:10 AM

Versus. Because it's included in my basic cable package. I need to call and pony up the extra $7 per month to get Outdoor Chanel...

Jimmy S 10-26-2009 12:29 PM

No favorite hunting shows. If you enjoy watching them, good for you. To me, it's just a 30 infomercial trying to separate a hunter from his/her money. Plus, that type is not close to the way we hunt here at home and they are never eduactional. Unless you want to buy their products or spend money for a guide.

30-06 deerslayer 10-26-2009 01:46 PM

outdoor channel for alot of deer hunting on it, and at this time of the year that is all I want to watch.:rock:

NC Buck Slayer 10-26-2009 03:33 PM

I get Pursuit and Sportsman Channel. Cant get the Outdoor Channel. One of them has infomercials alot.

By far IMO, Deer & Deer Hunting is the best show and magazine out.

I really sick of the Outdoor Edge guy.

Some of the shows are really low budget with crappy video and audio and I dont care about what you are doing back at camp, I want to see what you are doing in the woods.

Too much bow hunting. But as long as its deer I can live with it. Dont care to watch people hunt hogs or dogs and I dont care whats going on in Africa. If you shoot an animal that knows your there and dont care, wheres the excitement in that?

Chris Bracket kicks ass.

Buck Ventures. Love the show, hate the theme song.

When you keep the TV on these channels all day long, you start to form opinions.

halfbakedi420 10-26-2009 03:47 PM

i watch sportsman and outdoor channel

granite they make some lousy shots, but so have I , and i believe that the experience of bein on their hunt is helpin me on my hunt.

my buddy had sum tv crews out to his place..they wounded a deer and my other buddy took the dog out to trak it and they weren't ready to pull the trigger when the guy told him it was about to jump..they jus let it go lol...they never played it on the tv..wonder why right...

well the outdoor channel and sportsman show us those hits, not all of em i kno lol ..seen the one where his ol lady hit the deer in the spine, they cut the tape and next thing ya kno they got the deer lol plz, she prolly shot it again lol..

but it is good to hear why they didnt have a great shot, and how jus the arrow slidin on the rest scared the deer away, i have cloth tape on mine now, and how he jus forgot to use the peephole on the string lol..good lessons learned watchin these guys..sometimes is humerus, but alot of information to be gained....like who might be next to you in the woods lol

:party0005:

NC Buck Slayer 10-26-2009 06:06 PM

my favorite commercial is the one where the chic takes 4 shots at a doe at the foot of her stand and misses every single one of them.