Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Best TV Channel for Hunting Shows >

Best TV Channel for Hunting Shows

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Which is your favorite channel for hunting shows?
Outdoor Channel
71.74%
Sportsman Channel
15.22%
Pursuit Channel
13.04%
ESPN2
0%
Local Channel
0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Best TV Channel for Hunting Shows

Old 10-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Spike

Default Best TV Channel for Hunting Shows

Which is your favorite channel for hunting shows and why?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Outdoor followed by Versus. I can't get the Sportsman channel to give an opinion about them.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

+1. Outdoor Channel followed by Versus. I get the Sportmans Channel but they have very few shows I like.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I LOVE the outdoor channel. But we no longer get it because we just don't have the money. Versus has apparently closed down? At least thats what it says on my T.V. (Directv). But I do get the Pursuit channel, and Sportsman channel. From the two I choose Pursuit
Old 10-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Versus. Because it's included in my basic cable package. I need to call and pony up the extra $7 per month to get Outdoor Chanel...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

No favorite hunting shows. If you enjoy watching them, good for you. To me, it's just a 30 infomercial trying to separate a hunter from his/her money. Plus, that type is not close to the way we hunt here at home and they are never eduactional. Unless you want to buy their products or spend money for a guide.

Last edited by Jimmy S; 10-26-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Spike

outdoor channel for alot of deer hunting on it, and at this time of the year that is all I want to watch.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

I get Pursuit and Sportsman Channel. Cant get the Outdoor Channel. One of them has infomercials alot.

By far IMO, Deer & Deer Hunting is the best show and magazine out.

I really sick of the Outdoor Edge guy.

Some of the shows are really low budget with crappy video and audio and I dont care about what you are doing back at camp, I want to see what you are doing in the woods.

Too much bow hunting. But as long as its deer I can live with it. Dont care to watch people hunt hogs or dogs and I dont care whats going on in Africa. If you shoot an animal that knows your there and dont care, wheres the excitement in that?

Chris Bracket kicks ass.

Buck Ventures. Love the show, hate the theme song.

When you keep the TV on these channels all day long, you start to form opinions.

Last edited by NC Buck Slayer; 10-26-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i watch sportsman and outdoor channel

granite they make some lousy shots, but so have I , and i believe that the experience of bein on their hunt is helpin me on my hunt.

my buddy had sum tv crews out to his place..they wounded a deer and my other buddy took the dog out to trak it and they weren't ready to pull the trigger when the guy told him it was about to jump..they jus let it go lol...they never played it on the tv..wonder why right...

well the outdoor channel and sportsman show us those hits, not all of em i kno lol ..seen the one where his ol lady hit the deer in the spine, they cut the tape and next thing ya kno they got the deer lol plz, she prolly shot it again lol..

but it is good to hear why they didnt have a great shot, and how jus the arrow slidin on the rest scared the deer away, i have cloth tape on mine now, and how he jus forgot to use the peephole on the string lol..good lessons learned watchin these guys..sometimes is humerus, but alot of information to be gained....like who might be next to you in the woods lol

Old 10-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

my favorite commercial is the one where the chic takes 4 shots at a doe at the foot of her stand and misses every single one of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.