Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

head shot/ethics

Old 10-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Spike

By the way zrexpilot, DJ if im not mistaken is a Master Sergeant, show some respect

Last edited by deer slayer Jr.; 10-26-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deer slayer Jr.
By the way zrexpilot, DJ if im not mistaken is a Master Sergeant, show some respect

respect is earned , he didnt earn it by calling me retarded
Old 10-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Spike

Well if it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, and barks like a dog, it should be called a dog
Old 10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Just to clarify why I did mention handgun....we aim at the head...2 tap chest, one tap head. M4, 200M target looks like a black golf ball---now put on a gas mask and hit it.....20 times from 3 positions....in 30 seconds.

and finally,

I didnt call YOU a retard...I called YOU a DOUCH BAG...and you DID earn that.

Last edited by djdkman; 10-26-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by djdkman
Just to clarify why I did mention handgun....we aim at the head...2 tap chest, one tap head. M4, 200M target looks like a black golf ball---now put on a gas mask and hit it.....20 times from 3 positions....in 30 seconds.

and finally,

I didnt call YOU a retard...I called YOU a DOUCH BAG...and you DID earn that.

I hate retards that assume because someone says they don’t believe in something...its automatic they believe that way because they "cant"...I am a military expert in both rifle and handgun and shoot ALOT...that being said, I still would take a double lung/heart shot over a head/neck...but if it gets you off knowing you can blow the head off your quarry confidently then for it....hunt your own way. But MY ethics say no to head shots...the original post was posed as a question.

Just to clarify.
You shoot 25 meters at a man size target shrunk to simulate the size of a man at 100 , 200 and 300 meters.
heck my kid could do that. oh wait he did.
My son does have expert ribbons in the Air Force

Last edited by zrexpilot; 10-26-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

He's a good shot too then.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's a good shot too then.

He learned from his douce bag retarded dad.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do we have to go over this topic every 6 months? It seems like it never ends. All that ever happens is 2 people eventually keep the thread going by b**tching at each other. Will the Mods would just ban any topic that has anything to do with headshots? Im sure a lot of the people who have been on this site for more than a year would really appreciate it.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

I've never shot one in the neck, but trained my daughter to do so with her first deer rifle, a 223 AR-15 that I built for her. I did this on advice of others who only use 223 single shots. Never have seen one missed or wounded, but have seen many killed on the spot with this shot. My daughter was 8 when she took her first deer on her first hunt at first light, when two bucks began sparring in front of her. I put the 223 in her hands mainly because of her size and recoil worries and she did quite well with it for years. With her new AR-10 in 308 she has been trained to shoot broadside, into the chest from the front and right up the rear exit, another shot that has devastating and immediate results with little or no meat loss. Even though I'm confident that she could take a head shot, she is an antler hunter and doesn't shoot doe's usually. She is 18 now.
And yes it's legal to use any centerfire cartridge here, rifle, pistol, or revolver with any expanding type bullets commonly used for game, no FMJ's, no more than 11 cartridges in magazine and chamber combined. No full auto's of coarse.
I'm not sure why people get upset over someone elses business, or why they would try and start something here, but again if it's legal and it works for you, you're the only one who has to live with it. If it makes you uncomfortable don't do it if it makes you happy kill em any way the law allows.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

Actually, the AF Combat Arms Instructor did.

Admitting you are a retard-douch bag is the first step to recovery, good job.

Last edited by djdkman; 10-26-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.