Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

strange! scrape question

Old 10-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default strange! scrape question

I've been freshening up a fairly new scrape with young buck urine with the intention of hunting over it soon. I've had pretty good luck with this strategy over the last few years.
For the second time in 3 years i've had a deer take a crap right in the middle of the scrape. What gives? i find this to be very strange. What could this mean in the deer world? After it happened to me 2 seasons ago i found it odd. Now after it happening again it can't be just a coincidence. BTW the first incident happened in the same area about 300 yards away in '07. Has any one else ever seen this or am i into a strange rogue crapper? thanks for your help
Old 10-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

just like dogs markin their turf with peee..bears craop on their own stuff ..i herd a story of a guy who got pumbled by a bear and mostly buried and the bear crapped on him..the guy played dead and the bear had a snak fer later,and the bear left and the guy got away
Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I would guess just a territorial thing. IDK
Old 10-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never heard of that it does sound interesting.Keep an I on it and let us know what happens.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen it many times, the does do it...
Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Inactive

Half: How does that relate to deer hunting ??? I've never heard of a deer burying some one for a snak later.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've also found on about 6-7 occasions where a bucked did his business right on a suspended log. Not a log on the ground, but one you have to take a step over; one that was suspended. That's enough to tell me he was trying to do that. I've seen where fox and coyote took dumps on objects before... very accurately too. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 10-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Spike

I found the exact same thing today while scouting. This was a primary scrape under a holy tree a1/4 mile or so back in the woods. This scrape has appeared in the same place for the last 3 years and this morning,it was torn up,smell heavily of urine and was also crapped in. I take it that this was a territorial response to another buck using the scrape. About 20 yards away, I found a smaller scrape that was half heartedly pawed out and took it to be the work of the smaller buck. I plan on sitting on this scrape one day this week if I get the right wind. Tony
Old 10-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Spike

Primos makes a fake deer crap made for scrapes so im assuming it has something to do with the breeding.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by luster
Primos makes a fake deer crap made for scrapes so im assuming it has something to do with the breeding.

Yeah, saw this stuff at wally world yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.