Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Lure Removal - Help

Old 10-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Deer Lure Removal - Help

I spilled some sythectic buck lure on my truck seat. Man does it ever stink. Does anyone know what I can use to get it cleaned up and remove the odor. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Use plenty of dry rags to try and soak up the most you can. If need be... or if you really want to do a good job, is to unbolt if from the floor and do it that way.

After you soaked up what you can, use hot water and your chosen cleaner. After that you can try and deodorize with a scent killer of some sort. Not so much what they have for hunting, but in the cleaning section of your local grocery store. May want to check with FeBreze. I wouldn't want to try and cover the smell. First I would want to clean it as best I can first. FeBreze claims to have odor removal as part of it's description. Occasionally I use it on carpeting. Nice fragrance. Better than synthetic buck lure anyway. LOL!

This isn't a proven system for me, just an idea.

iSnipe
Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

happened to me one year i used woolite carpet cleaner for pet stains. smell and stain gone after that
Old 10-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i did carpet cleanin when i was yunger...i would say go to the car wash and use the vacuum on it while ya use a gallon jug to soak the area and suck it out with the vacuum..maybe put sum soap in it..maybe take a buddy to help
Old 10-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wipe with warm water and soap. When mostly dry, cover it with flower, the baking kind, it is a good absorbant. Let it set for a few hours or overnight. Then vacuum the flower off the seat and wipe again with water diluted with vanilla extract. This will help with any existing odor.

Good Luck!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Forget getting rid of the smell. Roll the windows down and do some road hunting.

Mitch
Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get you a pint of skunk lure, pour on spot and you won't smell the buck lure anymore...
Old 10-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

A new seat?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default lure

Maybe I will have you **** on it and then I will sell the truck to you. LOL

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Get you a pint of skunk lure, pour on spot and you won't smell the buck lure anymore...
Old 10-22-2009, 02:25 AM
Ava
Fork Horn

Try putting coffee grounds on the seat and then vacuum up after awhile. <I had a very stinky fridge I did this with and it helped> Also baking soda is known to absorb smells too. Also newspapers too.

We were at a sporting good shop last weekend and the boys and I were smelling that stuff and woooeeeeee that stuff stinks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.