Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cloning Deer

Old 10-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cloning Deer

So I was just watching "Scent Blocker Just Hunt" on Vs and saw something that really disturbed me.

They had a cattle rancher on there talking about how he cloned cows. He then went on to say how he wanted to take his cloning technology to the deer world. He went on to explain how if a hunter gave him DNA from a 200" deer he could clone it, reintroduce the deer into the wild, and then have the clone breed.

Now unless Im wrong, isn't that a form of genetically creating super deer (in a sense)?

I don't know about you, but I think that a 200" deer is something special that just doesn't happen that often. I think that it would be wrong to mess with mother nature and clone a deer of that size just to have the genetics more prevelant.

If you want a super deer go hunt a high fence. If you want to really hunt, and get a wild deer, hunt the big woods where nature determines what grows...not people.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Just watched that crap also, whats next? The high fence boys will be lovin that.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Prob be legalized in texas soon then? LOL
Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is a big problem...

with the traditional scores and traditional hunting the record breakers will soon be surpassed by genetically enhanced deer..they have been doin it along time the hard way, mating particular deer and such...now they are takin the dna trail route...almost like that movie where dude makes 7 of himself or sumthin

so the real records need to stay in a book...and the new genetically enhanced deer in another IMO
Old 10-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

[quote=MISwampDog;3478770]
Now unless Im wrong, isn't that a form of genetically creating super deer (in a sense)?/quote]

Ya think! Theres always someone tinkering with nature. Not right in my book!
Old 10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

thats a load of b.s lol roger is right the high fence boys are rlly guna love that