Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got one

Old 10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Spike

Default Got one

My first time hunting I shot a doe. Got one-dscf0059.jpg I was about 12 ft. up and heard her moving around behind but thought it was my brother-n-law coming out. I tried to look back a few times but didn't see anything. I finally stood up and looked back and saw her but it was getting dark and I had branches in the way. I got a little opening and drew back but couldn't see my sights so I let off. Then she walked out a little more and heard me moving a little or saw me and started blowing. I drew back and saw just enough to feel comfortable with the shot. 15 yard shot with a 2 blade rage. complete passthough and she went about 35 yards. I knew I had her when I heard the thump. it's nuts. now I'm hooked!!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats man! Nice shot too.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!! Im still looking for my first with a bow. Ive gotten dozens with a gun and thought I'd try my hand at bow hunting. FYI, this is no cure for the deer hunting addiction!!! Trust me!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey constant! Congratulations dude, awesome! Especially like the little story that comes with too. They always add a little life to a photo. Yeah, you're hooked for sure. Now you have another hobby that will be filling your free time and make your wallet thinner. LOL!

Hope you don't mind, but I edited your picture a bit. Besides the angle I lessened the dimensions and file size. Please save it so you can show others. It's cool you took pictures of your first deer. When I got mine, I never thought of pictures, but my friend had a small disposable in his glove compartment at the time and because of that, I have those memories in pics too.

Good shot!

iSnipe
Old 10-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first and a nice shot too!
Old 10-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

congrads-great shot. Welcome to the bowhunting brotherhood.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

Congratulations!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Good job! I'm still waiting for my first.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first deer, thats awesome!

Some advice though, learn to take some photos of your prize. You'll regret not having decent pix to look back on someday, especially on your eraliest trophies. The repulsive, blood soaked, tongue hangin' out photo's won't do much for ya when you look back on 'em.

Congrats again on your deer though