Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Some redneck engineering for you (Pics) >

Some redneck engineering for you (Pics)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Some redneck engineering for you (Pics)

Old 10-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Some redneck engineering for you (Pics)

30 minutes before I got in the stand today, I decided to rig up a riflecam. I split some conduit in half, chopped off a part of an AK-47 receiver, welded it all together and zip tied it to the rifle. and no it aint purty but it works. Unfortunately there was nothing for me to pull the trigger on today.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that will jump at the shot too much, won't it?
Old 10-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Spike

Show us a video...............I got my popcorn ready!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like it. It looks like it would work real good for stand hunting. I doubt the recoil would be a problem and would really add a realistic touch and feel to the video when you shoot.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

When you break that two piece tube scope in half when the gun recoils don't say I didn't warn you.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
When you break that two piece tube scope in half when the gun recoils don't say I didn't warn you.

I dont think he was looking for advice...I think he was just showing something to us...

So, great job...Have fun and we look forward to the video...
Old 10-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like it man! Thats cool!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I dont think he was looking for advice...I think he was just showing something to us...
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off a-hole-ish but he did say that he took it to the field today but didn't see anything to pull the trigger on.

Great job on the fabrication of the camera mount but I would be very very leary of attaching that much weight that high up and to the side of the scope right where the tube comes together.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

can someone say "soon to be broken vid camera...?" less thats a .223rem you're shooting...
Old 10-20-2009, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1
can someone say "soon to be broken vid camera...?" less thats a .223rem you're shooting...
its a 300 win mag. dude is probably right. it might would break the scope. i should probably take it off. i might make a camera arm to attach to my stand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.