Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Night Time Deer ???

Old 10-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Spike

Default Night Time Deer ???

I have checked my camera and all my deer are out at night just one in daylight in afternoon is this dur to the warmer weather down here been in the 70's? And the water is up i thought this would push the deer closer guess not. By the way jus ordered some 130 Barnes bullets from Federal anybody have any luck with theses out of 270WSM?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Spike

Have you tried an automatic feeder with a digital timer. You can set the time for one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset. This may help you see more deer durning day light hours. Check out www.mikeswildlfiefeedersandsupplies.com this place has some great feeders at a cheap price and this guy even custom builds feeders (they are not on his website yet) if you email him and ask.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Have you tried checking your camera at night time instead of the daytime? Deer have a sensing range of 300 yards... If they are on the way during the daytime and smell you out there checking cams. More than likely, they have conditioned themselves that when they are alternating food sources, they have eliminated your spot as an option in the daytime.