Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
I just want a chance to harvest a deer... NEED HELP >

I just want a chance to harvest a deer... NEED HELP

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I just want a chance to harvest a deer... NEED HELP

Old 10-12-2009, 04:17 AM
Spike

Default I just want a chance to harvest a deer... NEED HELP

i love the outdoors. I am disabled with a mental condition called epilepsy im a slow learner hard for me to understand some things...im looking for a a mentor in my area (Fort Dodge), to spend some time with me, probably some time at the gun range, and then some time in the deer woods to show me the ropes and guide me on a hunt or two. Or just let me tag along on one of your days out to show me the "proper" way to do things. I guess what I am asking is for someone in the Fort Dodge area,(or close) that is a deer hunter or at least knows a little about it, to step up and go with me to the range and help out, then eventually be able to guide me if I need further assistance at that point. Or ask me to come along if your already headed to the range anyway.

thank you

Alan

Old 10-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hello Alan,

You may also try the regional forums here. The link is below:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/regional-forums-41/

You might find someone there wishing to chip in and share a few pointers of deer hunting, etc. I'm sure there are many guys out there who would like to help you out and you only need to find them! Just keep looking and be patient. Soon you'll find yourself quite a crowd of hunting buddies who would love to teach you whatever they can.

In fact, eventually if things go right, the right people will see your post and that will be a good start.

Good luck,

iSnipe
Old 10-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default hunting

You may also want to check with the Iowa DNR 515/281-5918.

Also check with a WhiteTails Unlimited member or a certified Hunter Education Instructor.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

I wish you were here in Ohio. I would take you out if you were here. Good luck to you, I hope that someone is able to help you out.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by shawnfogelman
I wish you were here in Ohio. I would take you out if you were here. Good luck to you, I hope that someone is able to help you out.
Just like Shawnfogelman said,
I sure wish you were here in Oklahoma!
I would love to be the one to open the world of hunting to you!
I know we have a lot of great guy's here and someone is bound to take you up on such a great offer to get to know someone as special as you.
Good luck Bud !
Old 10-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Spike

ty guys..think i do got someone taking me out..suppose to talk more tomorrow..its a prostaff member on realtree..
Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

Best of luck to ya! If you ever get down I-35 to the Missouri line I'll take you hunting and shooting here. Let me know if you ever get down this way, it's only a couple hundred miles, and I even have Iowa land you can hunt while your here.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Spike

Good luck Alan hope that you have an awesome experience. Like the other guys if you were in Southwest MN I would take you anytime. Just remember to be patient. Welcome to the world of hunting.