Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Feed & Time Do You Set Your Feeder(s)? >

Feed & Time Do You Set Your Feeder(s)?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Feed & Time Do You Set Your Feeder(s)?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I set my feeders to feed at sunrise and 1.5 hrs before sunset. I prefer not to feed to close to sunset so the deer don't come in after dark. I don't hunt my feeders but I do hunt the trails leading to them. I also have food plots. Experiences and game cameras so far shows more deer in the food plots than at the feeders. Mostly does hit the feeders and bucks like the food plots. Most people don't believe in feeders but if it helps to keep the deer on my property it is worth it to me. What is the difference, corn in a feeder or corn in a field?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

i believe in feeders and that bucks will visit them....

Old 10-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Camocop awesome bucks!! What state are they from?
Here is some of mine.

Last edited by J Pike; 10-14-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

man that Stealth Cam takes great pic's! you got some fine bucks aswell. the bucks i posted are from my lease in Georgia.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Camo thats what I thought my neighbors in FL. that hunt all hunt in GA. and get pics of and shoot bucks like the one's you posted. Now if they were from FL. I would be moving to FL. full time, that way I would have the best fishing in the world but also pretty darn good bucks to hunt as well. Pike
Old 10-15-2009, 04:13 AM
Typical Buck

I use 4 feeders in different locations. The morning feeder is set for sunrise the second for 10 am, the third for 2 pm and the last for 1 hour before the end of shooting time. The deer follow the route from morning till evening.Depending on time of day I have a choice of location thru the day.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Spike

I want my feeders to go off an hour after sunrise and an hour before sunset. I use a mixture of corn and 20% protein feed in my feeders during the fall and winter months. I also place a mineral salt brick a few feet away. The corn in the feeder doesn't have alot of nutritional value except for fat and suger that they need for the winter months, but the 20% protein feed along with the mineral salt brick provide the nutrition that they need for health. In the spring (especialy) and summer months I feed straight protein to promote antler growth, fawn health, and herd health. Mike at Mike's Wildlife Feeders and Supplies has provide me with all of my supplies and has worked with Oklahoma State University to develope his mineral salt brick and 20% protein feed. Check him out at mikeswildlifefeedersandsupplies.com.