Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sleepless night

Old 10-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Exclamation Sleepless night

Well, I know tonight I won't be sleeping much, so I figured why not write about it. I just returned home after backing out of my hunting area in the pitch dark. It is bow season here in NY, and I just put an arrow through what I believe is the biggest buck of my life. I've been following this deer since August when he was in velvet still growing. I hunt a residential area, so you could call it. I can see houses and roads from most of my stands. I have seen this buck numerous times from the truck. Tonight he came in about 30 minutes before dark. He entered my field about 150 yards away. I gave him a quick grunt, and after he laid eyes on my decoy he came in on a rope! He gave me a perfect broadside shot at 30 yards. I put the shot where it needed to be, and he ran off into the thick cover. I got down and recovered my arrow (thanks to the Easton Tracer) and found it covered from tip to fletchings in blood and hair. I decided to back out instead of push him. Hopefully I will have great news and some pics to post tomorrow. I believe he is about a 150 class 10 point. I'll keep you all updated!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

congrats-I hope you find him ,can't wait to see picyuers .
Old 10-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get in there very early and bring friends if you could. I know there are some out there who'd claim such a prize for themselves.

Good luck finding him and hope you had a great time! Congratulations.

Yes, keep us updated.

iSnipe
Old 10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Believe me, you did the right thing! its much easier in the daylight. make sure you keep us updated! with pics!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

GL-nice job on backing out even tho you are confident in your shot. Cant wait to see pics!!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Whaoooo Whoo for you!!!! man I hope ya find him!...pics pICS PICS!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats! Hope he's right where you expect him to be.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck. Pics would certainly be great of such a prize but if you could video the search and find that would be awesome!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

sweet! Well hopefully you will get up and recover him in the morning! Sounds like you got a good shot on him so I will be looking for photos Friday!!! Good Luck Bro!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Spike

good luck in the search, that would be a great trophy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.