Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tracking colorblind???

Old 10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Spike

Default tracking colorblind???

Hey all I have a serious ?? and need some help, My hunting buddy/neighbor is color blind and he had trouble helping tracking last weekend. The blood trail was almost invisible and was wondering if there anything that can help or anyone has the same problem??? Thanks alot for any help!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Spike

I have the same problem, and I have to use my hands to feel for blood. I touch the ground and look at my hand to see if there's blood on it.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no real answer except I have a friend who's red/orange color blind and have heard of several others and it's best to just bring friends along to make it faster... and funner!(ok "more" fun)

iSnipe
Old 10-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read some where that they have glasses for it.Anyway talk to a eye doctor.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

count me colorblind...just takes more looking for shapes that are not normal to the pattern you are looking at, same way I find elk and deer...

I wear yellow glasses as you will see in the pic...but this bull took us 7.5 hours hands and knees searching for just pin pricks worth of blood...and all that was after waiting 2 hours...

So, even Colordblind people can track, they just need to get comfy what they are looking for...and it will be more of the shape than the color...

Generally speaking, I think this has been an advantage for me in hunting, as I see the odd shape instead of the colored things...

Old 10-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice bull...uhhhh well i have a buddy that is some what color blind and he can see the blood better than me, he says that about my dog but i will ask him and see if its the shape he is after.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would suggest going for neck shots or high shoulder shots to eliminate the tracking. Using bits of tissue paper or paper towels as you find blood to mark the trail is very helpful.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

my buddy said he didnt know what he was lookin for he could just see it, he said next time we will talk bout it while we track to determine what he is doin
Old 10-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Practice Practice Practice, if you know what you are doing and get good at it, it should become more and more easy. If not i would suggest getting a dog that tracks shot deer.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have this problem too and it's though.

Two solutions:

1- drop deer in its tracks
2- hunt in the snow.

Usually I'll get a hunting buddy to help. Especially in the fall when there are orange and red leaves on the ground already. Especially if they are wet. Every leave looks like it has blood on it but my buddies all know right away that there isn't. If I'm by myself, I pick up the leaves and feel them.

A heavy blood trail makes it easier because it's obvious no matter what color back ground it's on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.