Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Warning to Hunters on Tree Stand Thieves >

Warning to Hunters on Tree Stand Thieves

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Warning to Hunters on Tree Stand Thieves

Old 10-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Believe it or not alot of guys on Long Island went to climbers because of treestand theft. This is rampet on L.I.!

Last edited by jerry d; 10-06-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RT1
ok i'll say it.................retard
Haha oh man I was thinking the same thing.

Get over it, if you have a problem with thiefs. Then be more cautious?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Spike

I kinda laughed reading the original post. Thiefs have this magic ability to find stands. NO they probably just follow the nice little flags yall leave behind. I went out two weeks ago for my first deer hunt ever. I found 3 tree stands just by following the bright colored streamers hanging from the trees. Jeesh, if I can find them and don't even know what I'm looking for, just imagine what someone with even a little to gain is gonna find. Don't worry I left them where I found them. I've had my tools jacked from my work truck before. I wouldn't do that to anyone.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by appliancedude
I kinda laughed reading the original post. Thiefs have this magic ability to find stands. NO they probably just follow the nice little flags yall leave behind. I went out two weeks ago for my first deer hunt ever. I found 3 tree stands just by following the bright colored streamers hanging from the trees. Jeesh, if I can find them and don't even know what I'm looking for, just imagine what someone with even a little to gain is gonna find. Don't worry I left them where I found them. I've had my tools jacked from my work truck before. I wouldn't do that to anyone.

i put branches with leaves, pine branches, etc to conceal myself in the stand from deer seeing movement. It also will help conceal your stand as well. I lock mine down which doesn't mean much. I have my two man stand locked to the same tree for two years on private property. No problems yet, i don't expect any either.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by appliancedude

Not everyone leaves "Nice little flags" as a trail to their stand. I know where every stand is on my place and dont have one flag to mark them.

I had 1 stand stolen off some family property that was really deep in there, but have also found 3 stands on my place that I took down and kept so I feel even about it.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gbrownlee
Not everyone leaves "Nice little flags" as a trail to their stand. I know where every stand is on my place and dont have one flag to mark them.

I had 1 stand stolen off some family property that was really deep in there, but have also found 3 stands on my place that I took down and kept so I feel even about it.
This was on forest service land. I couldn't believe it. It's not theft if you take whats left on your property. Thats just a present someone left you.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have had all my stands and feeder on our property fer over 6 years and the only incident we had is sum1 across the property line shooting up a 55 gal dry storage drum. if you are on public land..duh and if ya are on sum1 else s land...duh.. but ya shouldn't have ta worry bout people on your own land though, wata disgrace.

lol at turkey guide? i think was the name..with all the cameras lol its funny as all hell, but he/she is right, bust em down set up those cams and leave one with a big ribbon on it i bet you will find your others, cause they think/know your gonna need another.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing like going to your stand at 5:30am,... and finding it gone.

They got me once, won't happen again.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by RT1
i put branches with leaves, pine branches, etc to conceal myself in the stand from deer seeing movement. It also will help conceal your stand as well.
And the deer are still taking your treestands?

Originally Posted by Dan480Man
Nothing like going to your stand at 5:30am,... and finding it gone.
No, nothing like going to your stand at 5:30am,... and find someone hunting in it. LOL! It's happened!

iSnipe
Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

No, nothing like going to your stand at 5:30am,... and find someone hunting in it. LOL! It's happened!

iSnipe[/QUOTE]

HAH! True.

Friend was in his stand at 5:30am, and watched a hunter weave and sneak several hundred yards through fields to get towards him, using a red pen light. Got to the base of my buddy's tree, and my buddy turned his maglite on him, and asked if he was lost.
Guy just turned around and walked back the way he came.
I forgot all about that till now. That was 20years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.