Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

early morning buck

Old 09-29-2009, 05:51 AM
Spike

Default early morning buck

hey guys im new here and looking for some help, i did some searching and couldn't really find an answer so... heres my question and hopefully someone can give me some insight.... ive been hunting this one spot for the past 3 yrs and just recently (this yr) and 9 pointer showed up, which is normally a good thing. but this buck only shows up around 2 am (thanks to trail camera, i found this out) so my question is how can i bring this buck in during the day? other than waiting for rut and hope that he comes in than? btw my season opens this saturday, oct. 3.

here is one pic of him around 10 pm
Attached Thumbnails early morning buck-icam0139.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

He will move some during the day but won't venture far from his bedding area. You may need to look for that and see if you can get close enough to the area for a shot without disterbing it. If you disturb the bedding area he may leave the area. Otherwise you need to be patient and wait for the rut that will have him running frantic for a week.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RugerM77.270
He will move some during the day but won't venture far from his bedding area. You may need to look for that and see if you can get close enough to the area for a shot without disterbing it. If you disturb the bedding area he may leave the area. Otherwise you need to be patient and wait for the rut that will have him running frantic for a week.
well said ruger-you may just want to be patient and wait for the buck to make his own mistake in a few weeks. Otherwise you roll the dice and hunt his bedroom-very risky but can be done. One slip up and its bye bye bucky tho!!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Rut!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

You could also try to bring him in by curiosity through rattling or tinks 69. Because going into his bedroom is very risky and with a old buck like that he may leave the area if he gets scent of you.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
You could also try to bring him in by curiosity through rattling or tinks 69. Because going into his bedroom is very risky and with a old buck like that he may leave the area if he gets scent of you.
isn't it to early for that ?

and what about any other scents (ie. food or something of that nature)

but pretty much i guess i have to do somethign to make him curious enough to come in but not scare him away
Old 09-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

IN a couple weeks look and smell like a hot doe you might have shot, seriously, time in the stand, patience, and probably the rut will get you a chance, but it's never a given, they don't get big by chance
Old 09-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Canuck33
IN a couple weeks look and smell like a hot doe you might have shot, seriously, time in the stand, patience, and probably the rut will get you a chance, but it's never a given, they don't get big by chance
ya especially in NJ pinelands where im hunting at
Old 09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would try tinks or rattling yet. You need to do more than just the pics of the deer. You need to scout him out deep, find where he is bedding, where he is traveling during the day.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Put some standers around the block and turn a pack of blueticks on his butt.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.