Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pressure

Old 09-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Make sure you use some sort of spray on scent killer too. That way it will eliminate any residual odors you may have left behind. Nothing like leaving odors that can linger for 24 hours to let the deer know you are around. I HIGHLY recommend Scent Shield Fall Blend; the best I've ever used.

Also, if you can get someone to pick you up in the evening by driving by your stand, that will help too because when you come off your stand after dark, there ARE deer around! Yeah, it will blow deer off, but better this way so they can't associate you coming out of the very tree you were in.

Good luck!

iSnipe
I use the Scent Killer from Wildlife research. I wash my clothes in scent free detergent from Hunters Specialties, spray down everything when I get to the field and once I'm up the tree, spray again. These deer have no clue I'm here.

Now that I have a better idea of the property line, I'm moving to a different tree about 50-75 yards away from this one and more towards the trail they come out of the woods on. The buck came out close to where I am now, but was on his way over there in a hurry.

Providing the weather holds off tomorrow afternoon (Calling for Scattered T-Storms) I might try to cull some does.

Thanks for the help guys, keep it coming!