Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch >

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Old 10-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with both sides here...... personally as a TV personality I cant stand David Morris, he gets on everyone of my last nerves!! He just seems like an over paid, fake emotional hunter who puts on a "show" for the camera. On the other hand he does do a great job growing and managing deer. If I had his money and resources I can't say I wouldn't do the same. But I don't and growing up having to hunt hard for every deer I get I just appreciate the sport more. When I go out to hunt I hope to just see a deer, buck or doe. When he goes out he sits in an elevated blind and picks out the shooter buck he wants for that evenings hunt. Must be great to be able to do that.... but thats just not for me.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just wish I had a place I could grow some deer myself. One day...

If a place is free ranging deer, passing on deer til they're 6.5yo is the name of the game if you want big bucks.

One thing I don't like is when they pass on a monster who is 5.5 or something, when it is possible he's peaking at 5.5 and will be smaller next year. I would not pass up a World Record if the buck was 3.5 hoping he'd get bigger in the years to follow and it seems some of these ranches do that.

But I kinda know what you're saying about these shows/ranches etc...
Old 10-14-2009, 05:51 AM
Spike

Default El Cazador

All of the "hunting tv shows" are marketing tools for businesses selling the stuff we buy. The "plugs" for the bow, broadhead, gun, bullet, stand, camo, scent elimination, rangefinder, scope, binos, seed, attractants, and on and on, are designed to make us just have to have that item they are pushing. Most of the shows have turned into shooting rather than hunting. Webster defines "hunt"; to chase game for food or sport; to search eagerly or carefully for; to try to find".For the most part, the chasing and searching are not part of these shows. But who would watch if they didn't shoot the big ones. There is one shooting place where it will cost you $25,000 and up for a "trophy", with a + 200" costing $40,000. There is a breeding farm in Texas that will sell you a genetically engineered trophy breeder buck for $50-60,000, or you can get an off-spring from such a buck for $15-20,000 to start your "management" program. This goes back to the first point, it's all marketing. Pure hunting is searching for deer's natural travel trails to and from natural food sources and carefully planning and waiting and waiting for the chance to take a shot. Folks who hunt like this will probably never see a deer like those on tv. One of the freedoms we enjoy is choosing how we wish to "hunt".
Old 10-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the brush country, they hunt deer by cutting senderos so they can see long distances from their blinds. If you didn't have senderos, you couldn't see. If you don't think they put corn in the senderos, ask yourself this, why are the deer in the senderos? There's nothing growing there for them to eat. All those does that the bucks are checking out have their noses to the ground picking up corn that they spread on a very regular basis.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Me and my friends always laugh at how these guys on tv go out to a big clover field and watch as two, three, four or even more nice bucks come walking in broad daylight out in the open like they own the place. The guys are up in a tree talking away and waving their hands and all and the bucks dont even look alert. Where we hunt the bucks are sneaking around the thickest brush and not coming out except at night or during the rut and you might get lucky and see one nice one the entire season. The difference is like night and day.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Why do so many people get caught up in worrying about a TELEVISION show? If you don't like it, change the channel. Seriously, do all of you whiners have such a good handle on your own lives that you can now worry about what someone else is doing with their own time/money/land?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kid
Why do so many people get caught up in worrying about a TELEVISION show? If you don't like it, change the channel. Seriously, do all of you whiners have such a good handle on your own lives that you can now worry about what someone else is doing with their own time/money/land?
Very well put. I agree.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Lol some of these comments are just too darn funny, Talking about what great things he is doing for the deer and and he is only Culling bucks to get inferior genes off the property so his get to their full potential. WHO SAYS THOSE DEER ARE INFERIOR, HE DOES, NOT NATURE, NOT GOD, NOT ME, HIM. Maybe some of you think that that big old rack is what makes a deer genetically better, but thats not nature saying it its you, maybe out in the real world and not on his FARM i mean ranch that rack would be a hindrance. I don't know but neither do you!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i wish everyone would let them grow. i do believe it is NOT a fenced area and those deer he is "growin" can leave and go else where when they want...

i have seen this guy scout and stalk a single buck from a shed he found for like 6-8 months...that aint huntin? plz, to let 100 or 200 deer go cause your lookin for 1 special deer, lol i couldnt do it... thats huntin

if i had the cash i'd definitely be managin ..no doubt...but on 40 acres its a different story when ya have 7000 acres of huntin clubs and farm land surroundin you.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Lol, when you know your property and have trail cams to see where the one you want hangs out, not really as hard as they may make it look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.