Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch >

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Old 09-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not sure what seems unrealistic about it. He's got 3000 acres, and he manages his herd by providing food plots so the deer have good nutrition, maintaining a good buck/doe ratio, allowing bucks to age to maturity, and removing deer with inferior genetics. It's got nothing to do with "respect" or "lack of respect" for certain bucks. He's trying to manage for big deer and removing certain genetic traits from the herd is a part of "QDM".

[I think only one of his two daughters is married...]
Old 09-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

I wish that I owned the Cazedore ranch. There I said it.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Not sure what seems unrealistic about it. He's got 3000 acres, and he manages his herd by providing food plots so the deer have good nutrition, maintaining a good buck/doe ratio, allowing bucks to age to maturity, and removing deer with inferior genetics. It's got nothing to do with "respect" or "lack of respect" for certain bucks. He's trying to manage for big deer and removing certain genetic traits from the herd is a part of "QDM".

[I think only one of his two daughters is married...]
I agree that's exactly what he's doing, and I wish I had the land, money, time to do exactly the same thing. He shouldn't be looked down upon because he's successful with what he's doing. If I had a ranch like the El Cazador I'd be selective in what I shot as well. Hell, I hunt a lease here in NE Oklahoma and I'm selective with what I shoot here. To each his own, I don't think anyone should cast stones at David Morris or anyone else for that matter. The guy has put in alot of effort to get to where he's at and if you don't like his show turn the channel.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not sure how he made a living, but it I think that he is from Geneva, Alabama. He moved to Texas several years ago, bought the land (probably very cheap) and has intensly managed it for big antlered deer. Sounds like a bit of jealously around here, if you don't like the show then watch something else.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to crack up when they said the big bucks they were hunting in Illinois were big because of the Tecomate food plot they had planted there.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lifesadrag
I had to crack up when they said the big bucks they were hunting in Illinois were big because of the Tecomate food plot they had planted there.

Never saw that one, but they were probably in Pike or Pope when they said it too! I think its just unrealistic for most people on here. The only people that have 3000 acres or more to themselves is if you were born into is or bought it years ago. Myself being 30 probably won't have the opportunity to own 3000 acres (hopefully someday I will though).

I also think that people who hunt up North and out west like myself just have a different view of what whitetail hunting is than people from south Texas. Not better or worse, just different. Thats why its just unrealistic for me. No climbing tree stands and no vast expanse of corn fields and hardwoods. Thats why Texas just doesn't interest me, its just not what im used to. I also hate how he uses the term "Cull Buck" so much. I think thats just a terrible term. Makes the deer sound like a vermin animal rather than a game animal. Ive seen him walk up on deer and say, "This is one we needed to get out of the herd" and shows little to no emotion when that deer would be a trophy for someone else.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

David Morris earned what he has, over many years of hard work.

If you think sitting in a tree house and waiting for a deer that you allowed to grow over the years isn't hunting, then what are your feeling on those that bait?

I'm from the small state of New Jersey, at one time I had several hundred acres to hunt on in my home state, after losing it all to builders I now hunt on public land, but I do have well over 2000 acres in Illinois that I hunt in the Golden Triangle.

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 09-18-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big surprise, yet another cry baby thread from a jealous guy that wouldn't say a word about it..... IF he had a place to hunt like it! I promise ya, they put a LOT more into their hunts than you do by simply heading out to the woods and hanging a stand and then shooting the first thing that shows up. It's obviously beyond you!
Old 09-19-2009, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't every know the the end always justifies the means and all discussion not saying so in agreement is simply jealousy raising its ugly head.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's one big commercial for Tecomate products. It's in their best interest to display and take the biggest bucks possible on the show. But I do enjoy watching for the entertainment and the educations value. I like the Management Minute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.